What Accident Happened In NorCaL That Caused A Mass Mailing?

A

anonymous6

we all received a mailing from Mark ( Nor Cal Feeder div mgr ) about a bad accident in January that asks for "good thoughts for the victims and their families'"

dosent give details. just asks all drivers to use good safety methods.

can anyone elaborate about the what,when,how, why ect about this accident?

Last edited by a moderator:
A

anonymous6

actually , it is no joking matter. someone was hurt or killed and im trying to find out what happened.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
These are the only accidents I could find in Northern or Central California. From this site: http://californiatruckcrash.com/truck-accident-news/january-2014.php

Truck Accident Sends One to Hospital
Bakersfield, California - January 4, 2014

An accident involving a pickup truck and a tractor trailer left one person with serious injuries Saturday morning. The driver of the pickup truck was transported to Kern Medical Center after colliding with the tractor trailer. The tractor trailer driver complained of pain in the aftermath of the collision but ultimately refused medical treatment.

The accident happened at around 10:00 a.m. at the intersection of 7th Standard and Quinn roads. According to the Bakersfield Californian, the tractor trailer driver was making a left turn onto 7th Standard when the pickup truck, heading east on 7th Standard, collided with the tractor trailer. The pickup truck apparently tried to stop for the red light but could not avoid a collision in the intersection. The California Highway Patrol is investigating the crash.

Pedestrian Dead After Being Struck by Dump Truck
San Rafael - January 3, 2014

A woman was killed and a man was hospitalized early Friday afternoon after the two were struck by a dump truck. The fatal accident happened at around 12:17 p.m. at the intersection of Third Street and Hetherton Street. According to the San Rafael Patch, the man and the woman were walking across Hetherton Street in the crosswalk when they were struck by the dump truck as it made a left from Third Street. The couple and the dump truck both had a green light, but the truck was supposed to yield right of way for the pedestrians to cross the street, according to authorities. The woman, who has not yet been identified, was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident. The unidentified man was taken to a local hospital. No word has been released on his condition. The accident is under investigation by the San Rafael Police.

A

anonymous6

I'm not sure if it was an on road accident or in the yard. the letter was mostly about yard safety. and it said victim(s) like there were multiple injuries.

I was hoping a SAC or Bay area driver knows something.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Maybe this? Only 1 victim though...
http://unioncity.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/union-city-man-killed-by-backing-big-rig

By Bay City News Service

A man was killed this morning when he was crushed by a tractor-trailer backing into a loading dock at a Hayward warehouse, police and state occupational health officials said.

The man, identified by the Alameda County coroner's bureau as Chengbin Xiao, 56, of Union City, was a worker at Keeco LLC., which has a distribution center at 30736 Wiegman Road, Hayward police said.

The trailer was backing up into a dock at the warehouse when the victim attempted to gain the driver's attention to tell him that he was backing into the wrong trailer bay, police said.

A

anonymous6

Maybe this? Only 1 victim though...
http://unioncity.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/union-city-man-killed-by-backing-big-rig

By Bay City News Service

A man was killed this morning when he was crushed by a tractor-trailer backing into a loading dock at a Hayward warehouse, police and state occupational health officials said.

The man, identified by the Alameda County coroner's bureau as Chengbin Xiao, 56, of Union City, was a worker at Keeco LLC., which has a distribution center at 30736 Wiegman Road, Hayward police said.

The trailer was backing up into a dock at the warehouse when the victim attempted to gain the driver's attention to tell him that he was backing into the wrong trailer bay, police said.

was the driver UPS? never mind. I read the story and it does not say. I have a buddy at SAC feeders and i'll call him.