What are the chances?

undies

Of laid off drivers getting their top pay rate when forced to work back in the hub? I would love for something like that to be added to the supplement/rider since I've been getting laid off since '07 and don't see an end in sight!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Of laid off drivers getting their top pay rate when forced to work back in the hub? I would love for something like that to be added to the supplement/rider since I've been getting laid off since '07 and don't see an end in sight!

The chances of this are zero.

Some states will supplement the difference between your usual wage and the lower wage when determining your unemployment benefits. You may want to check with your state to see if they offer this option.

I got top rate for a whole year when I was in the hub once. If you have a cool sup it can happen. If they over pay you what ever you get they can't take it back for ninty days.

705 has had that in their contract since the last one. Also have had no driver layoffs (at the CACH at least) since then also.

bluehdmc

Laid off feeder drivers in 177 can work in the hub, "displacing 2 hub workers" to get 8 hrs. They get whatever rate they are getting as a driver.

sigreq

I was laid off after peak 2 different years until around may. Both times I received my top pay while working inside.