what are these? (in the PC)

opey

first time seeing this... i assume its for preload but does anyone know exactly what they are/do?

Attachments

• 17619362_10212663858896005_1715775129_n.jpg
    17619362_10212663858896005_1715775129_n.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 257

Galadriel

They are for scanners. We have a couple trucks from another center that have these. I believe they are mounted in the middle of the 3,000 and 1,000 shelves.

opey

They are for scanners. We have a couple trucks from another center that have these. I believe they are mounted in the middle of the 3,000 and 1,000 shelves.
they are in the middle of each top shelf, and at the end of each bottom shelf (those have black stickers)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Dont worry about those. They are missort scanners.

Do worry if you see a yellow bottle of liquid on the shelf. Don't touch it whatever you do!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
it is for the new system going in. We just got it, preloaders now have to scan their packages and those things tell you if ur in the right truck. Today was the first day I used them, you get a belt with the scanner right in the middle that hangs down to ur nuts.

Poop Head

Judge me.
See the lense hole?---smile---you're on candid camera
When I saw them the first time I just assumed they were shock sensors with microphones to see if you're chucking pkgs around. I swear I saw a light blink on them every now and again

dudebro

It is a preload smart scan beacon. A light DOES blink on them every now and again. But they don't have cameras, mics or shock sensors in them. Just a bluetooth antenna and transmitter, and 5 batteries to keep it broadcasting for 5 years. Most of the beacon is battery.

In a week or two, you'll associate a package car and a load ID with those beacons at the start of the sort. You'll scan packages you're about to load into a "queue". If you walk into the wrong car with your "queue", the scanner will make a loud, annoying long beep. Right car, short beep, and the packages will be associated with the car. On average, they cut misloads by 2/3rds.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
We've had them in our center since September. Don't scan the wrong package in the wrong truck, otherwise a horrible screaming noise will come from your crotch and sound off in regular intervals until you go into the right truck.

About a half hour later your supervisor will show up and look for a misload/no re-scan in whatever wrong truck the system thinks you put the package in.

Sometimes, when you have a heavy flow coming down the belt, you'll hear the trademark BOING sound from the scanner meaning the battery is dead or the scanner battery pack disconnected.

I have extensive conversations with my scanner, often involving a variety of profanity and descriptions of male genitalia.