What can & can not do while driving?

Hello everyone, I'm looking to get a feeder position at ups. My question is what are you allowed to do while driving ? I know most companies now have dash cams in all trucks. Are you allow to hook up your phone or iPod to the radio? Are you allow to use a hands free headset while driving?

Please share some insight.

Thanks.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
To op.... Yes you can use a handsfree headset like a blueparrot...yes you can use a CB and you can hook up your phone to the radio, if the rig has one. I wouldn't use earbuds... Big no no...

To op.... Yes you can use a handsfree headset like a blueparrot...yes you can use a CB and you can hook up your phone to the radio, if the rig has one. I wouldn't use earbuds... Big no no...

Thank you,

Very helpful, the reason I ask is because there are plenty of companies that are real strict like sealed air who does not allow you to have any phone interactions nor any media usage.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Thank you,

Very helpful, the reason I ask is because there are plenty of companies that are real strict like sealed air who does not allow you to have any phone interactions nor any media usage.
All the new tractors have radios that you can use to play music through your phone and most have Bluetooth so you could talk handsfree that way... The newer rigs have forward facing camera, not sure about In cab cameras ...there has been debate on that some of the guys put black tape on the lane mitigation device on the passenger side which has some sort of camera in there... More than likely to film if you go over the fog line for so many seconds... To film the driver to make sure they wernt dozing before an accident...never heard of any driver being talked to about something being filmed by a camera... If you have any other questions you can pm me...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We hit dogs at times?