What can I do with my 401k when I quit?

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
I've got about 3k in it at the moment and am leaving next week. Does it just stay there or do I have any options to roll it over to a new 401k or ira?

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
I've got about 3k in it at the moment and am leaving next week. Does it just stay there or do I have any options to roll it over to a new 401k or ira?

Quitting already? Just like 2 weeks ago you said you were here to stay. Put your name on the driver list then Man up, take glucosamine, drink protein shakes, get good sleep, and make book. After that, you're on your way to 100k a year.

What other opportunities do you have? Unless you plan on going to school and gaining some college debt.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Quitting already? Just like 2 weeks ago you said you were here to stay. Put your name on the driver list then Man up, take glucosamine, drink protein shakes, get good sleep, and make book. After that, you're on your way to 100k a year.

What other opportunities do you have? Unless you plan on going to school and gaining some college debt.

Got a job with the state. Union contract, paid benefits like your beloved UPS, 15 sick days a year, 7-3 with overtime after 8 hours, pension, 2 weeks vacation after a year, and start making several dollars per hour more than a first year driver.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Got a job with the state. Union contract, paid benefits like your beloved UPS, 15 sick days a year, 7-3 with overtime after 8 hours, pension, 2 weeks vacation after a year, and start making several dollars per hour more than a first year driver.

That's all fine and dandy but what's the top rate

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Not sure and I don't really care. Those hours are perfect and I have an 11 month old daughter who I wont see grow up if I go driving

Well good luck to you. I don't have any kids so I don't care about that. I really do hope you do what's best for you and your family but just remember if it doesn't work out you'll have to start your seniority over.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Well good luck to you. I don't have any kids so I don't care about that. I really do hope you do what's best for you and your family but just remember if it doesn't work out you'll have to start your seniority over.

Thanks man. It was a big decision to make since I own a landscaping company that I grew to a good size, but luckily I was able to sell off most of it and keep about 10 clients right down the road from my house

4evapreloader

If money isn't an issue with you at the moment, I agree with the others and say roll it into another IRA. Personally for me Fidelity is the best and they make it pretty simple. If you don't roll it over, it will be considered income AND you will pay a 10% penalty on the amount of the check when you do your taxes.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

Are you keeping your business going?