Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by upsers22.3, Jan 3, 2010.
I think we need better language.
I think they just want to be loved.
I just want to keep my job. Don't really care about the part-timers, no offense. No one cared about me when I was PT. The union did not go by seniority when bidding the 22.3 jobs so many PTs with less seniority went full-time before I did. Therefore, selfish mode in effect.
paycut for more convienent hours (if that is what it takes) would be nice for inside-inside employees. No more twi-mid, should be day-twi. force the 21 year olds on the day sort, who work every-other day, to work the mid.
Also, the FT 22.3 air drivers should get time and a half for working holidays. Correct me if I'm wrong, I believe they only get straight time, which is a joke.
Yes they only get straight time as do the "support" employees. The delivery drivers get double time...
We don't just need better language, we just need language period! There is hardly any language at all concerning combo employees at any level.
I think the negotiators dropped the ball (or maybe it was on purpose) by not trying to tighten up the rules regarding combos in the last contract...
...not here. Straight time plus the holiday pay for everyone that works.
Same here. I wasn't including the fact that they are also paid for the holiday...In that case, combo and support employees are paid double time for the holiday and delivery drivers are paid triple time.
I thought it was straight time for those who volunteer, but double time if forced?
That was changed in the last contract...Under Article 40 National Master Section 1(j)(2)
talking about FT drivers and PT'ers, not 22.3....but I understand its usually air work on holidays anyway.
No split scales in pay, 22.3's all should make the same hourly rate.
All employees that work holidays should get paid double time plus the holiday.
Stronger enforcement across the country to track how many 22.3 jobs are filled at all times. Any local that had a 22.3 job, that local should keep that bid 22.3 job. No more moving jobs across the country.
A defined 4 and 4 hour rule, no more 5 to 6 hours in this area and 2 to 3 in this area.
The abuse I saw of 22.3 people was unbelievable. I think my local convinced local management and the labor department it would be best for the 22.3 postions to be made regular full time employees. Our 22.3 only did driving and shuttle work so it was a no brainer. Maybe the jobs were just moved as stated above.
well since this is a 22.3 thread and i my self am a 22.3 air driver here are some suggestions.
1. No more split pay for air drivers.
2. If number 1. can not be remedied then the air driver should have the majority of his/her hours on the air driver side, example 5 air/3 inside
3. No more being forced to work holidays, I would love to visit my family in Alabama one of these days for the holidays
4. Allowing the air divers to change out of there uniforms on company time or allow the air driver to wear his uniform while working inside.
5. Air drivers should not be forced to find cars to use, they should have cars assigned to them for daily use just like a package car driver would have. This allows a driver to not have to start his route late just becuase there are no package/air cars around. plus even though I am yard certified I don't like walking out in it to find me a truck,feeder guys think the yard is a race track
6 A special patch on our uniform that allows customers to know we are express drivers only that way they don't happen to have 30 grounds they conveniently need picked up with their air
7. If 6 is not allowed then the use of the middle finger towards the customer should be allowed
8. I think 22.3 air drivers should have seniority over inside workers due to the fact we have to deal with,(driving, customers, people who cant drive on the roads, drunk drivers, C.O.D's, old office ladies grabbing our butts, the weather, letter boxes that wont open, did i mention customers because sometimes they can suck, old people who drive 20 under the speed limit and you have 15 mins to get to your on call because that's all the time they give you, and did I mention we drive)
That's just a short list of things that should be changed
Well said Red . I sure that is exactley what they want.
This, but I will take some kind of sign from the international that fighting for the 22.3 issues is a priority. As far as I can tell its on the far back burner for them, and they could care less about what happens to us.
Full-time employees should receive full-time benefits.
Since combo employees aren't forced to work holidays or if they perform their bid positions on holidays then they should receive the same full-time benefits as package drivers.
I want language,im tired of all this making it up as we go crap.Give me some rules that are set in stone.I want the jobs worked the way they were bid 4 hrs/4hrs not all this 6 hrs busting your ass then 2 hrs doing the so called easy part of the job.I should not have to to calculate my hours either so i dont go over 8,thats managments job,if they want me off the clock by a certain time they should tell me not the other way around,and thats another thing how can they instruct you not to go over 8 in the first place?When i call in i should only have to do it once not twice.When my times not right for my second half the home sort should talk to them not me.These are only a few things i want changed i could go on all night.
You will be lucky to have a 22.3 position in 2013. I am looking for new work - didn't plan on staying more than 12 years with the company, anyhow, but these 22.3 jobs will not last beyond next contract. especially with this stiff Hoffa in charge.
so what will become of all the 22.3ers?? do we get bumped upo to full time status at full time rate??
Separate names with a comma.