What do I need to do to be a Package Delivery Driver?

Hello all... To make a long story short, I have always wanted to be a package delivery driver for UPS. However, I never knew how to make this "dream" come true. I am currently a teacher and I am fed up with the educational system. In other words, I am ready to make this dream of mine come true. Any suggestions/ideas that may help me pursue this?? Thanks!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Hello all... To make a long story short, I have always wanted to be a package delivery driver for UPS. However, I never knew how to make this "dream" come true. I am currently a teacher and I am fed up with the educational system. In other words, I am ready to make this dream of mine come true. Any suggestions/ideas that may help me pursue this?? Thanks!
You'll make more of a difference sticking with teaching. This place will drag even the most optimistic person down.

km3

Start working at UPS part-time and build up seniority. Wait until you're high enough on the seniority ladder and they need drivers. That's pretty much it.

I mean, in theory you could be an off-the-street hire, but without prior driving experience, the odds are against you.

In the meantime, don't quit your day job. :)

yeah I'm not planning on it until something is set in stone ha.. I do have a CDL since I'm a coach, so I have had that experience for several years (even though it is totally different).