what do we have to hide here?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The "Ignore" feature does not work with mods, that would be kind of like me standing in front of my Center Manager and refusing to recognize that he is standing there and instructing me what to do. Since you apparently don't like a certain Mod, maybe you should not engage him at all, which would be like ignoring his public posts. There are a certain number of posters that I just skip over and not read, works for me. As Mods, we do not have access to certain ways that I won't get into that can be used to irritate "miserable users", so the mods have not been messing around with how you access this site. Like I posted earlier, I have problems myself logging on with certain browsers, Chrome seems to be a little more buggy than IE.

tieguy

Banned
The "Ignore" feature does not work with mods, that would be kind of like me standing in front of my Center Manager and refusing to recognize that he is standing there and instructing me what to do. Since you apparently don't like a certain Mod, maybe you should not engage him at all, which would be like ignoring his public posts. There are a certain number of posters that I just skip over and not read, works for me. As Mods, we do not have access to certain ways that I won't get into that can be used to irritate "miserable users", so the mods have not been messing around with how you access this site. Like I posted earlier, I have problems myself logging on with certain browsers, Chrome seems to be a little more buggy than IE.

that is certainly an option and using your example it would be like standing there as the center manager slaps you upside the head and accepting it.

There has to be a recourse for posters here who are confronted by an overzealous moderator just like you have options at work for dealing with an overzealous manager.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Since you apparently don't like a certain Mod, maybe you should not engage him at all, which would be like ignoring his public posts. There are a certain number of posters that I just skip over and not read, works for me.

That would certainly work because as far as I know, I have not initiated a conversation using the public forum with Tieguy in well over a year and as far as I can tell, probably never will.
Perhaps he just desires to say things about me and not see my replies to his initiating posts.

RustyPMcG

anyone notice that Hoaxster is spending a lot of time and energy lately protesting my point that he is a company paid shill here.

So he shouldn't repond to false accusations?

If one isn't allowed to defend one's self against false accusations, then that would give a green light to lies, and the truth could never be spoken.

Sort of like election ads on TV.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
that is certainly an option and using your example it would be like standing there as the center manager slaps you upside the head and accepting it.

There has to be a recourse for posters here who are confronted by an overzealous moderator just like you have options at work for dealing with an overzealous manager.

There is ... it's called a PM to Cheryl.
If Cheryl asks me not engage in an type of activity, I will comply.
It is her site and I respect that ownership and her decisions to run the site as she sees fit.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

The people at work that get the most mgmnt attention typically bring it on themselves. Seems to be the case here.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The "Ignore" feature does not work with mods, that would be kind of like me standing in front of my Center Manager and refusing to recognize that he is standing there and instructing me what to do. Since you apparently don't like a certain Mod, maybe you should not engage him at all, which would be like ignoring his public posts. .

Tieguy isnt capable of doing that.

tieguy

Banned
So he shouldn't repond to false accusations?

If one isn't allowed to defend one's self against false accusations, then that would give a green light to lies, and the truth could never be spoken.

Sort of like election ads on TV.

I'll keep that in mind if I ever post any false accusations against him.

tieguy

Banned
There is ... it's called a PM to Cheryl.
If Cheryl asks me not engage in an type of activity, I will comply.
It is her site and I respect that ownership and her decisions to run the site as she sees fit.

yea I tried that option quite a few times as you obsessively followed me across the board. That worked well.

You were so obsessed with me I would run a stop watch on you for kicks and giggles. I would come home check your profile and see you had not posted all day. I would then respond to something on the thread and start the clock.
9 times out of 10 you were responding within thirty seconds. I thought bubblehead was bad but you take the trophy on obsession.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
yea I tried that option quite a few times as you obsessively followed me across the board. That worked well.

You were so obsessed with me I would run a stop watch on you for kicks and giggles. I would come home check your profile and see you had not posted all day. I would then respond to something on the thread and start the clock.
9 times out of 10 you were responding within thirty seconds. I thought bubblehead was bad but you take the trophy on obsession.

Thanks.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The "Ignore" feature does not work with mods, that would be kind of like me standing in front of my Center Manager and refusing to recognize that he is standing there and instructing me what to do. Since you apparently don't like a certain Mod, maybe you should not engage him at all, which would be like ignoring his public posts. .

When I was a little boy and my sister said something that annoyed me, I would stick my fingers in my ears and scream out "Na-Na-Na-Na, I cant hear you" at the top of my lungs. I did this because I lacked the maturity and restraint to decide for myself what I would and would not listen to. I also did this because, on some level at least, I was afraid that my sister might be right about what she was saying and that the truth might be too uncomfortable for me to handle. So I needed to at least pretend that I wasnt hearing it so that I would not have to take any responsibility for it...even though my curiosity made me keep one ear uncovered.

Certain posters rely upon the "ignore" feature for the same reason. They have not yet developed the maturity to choose for themselves what they will respond to or how they will respond to it. Nor do they have the self-confidence to detach themselves from any concern about what others might be saying or thinking about them, they instead feel compelled to obsess over and manage what others are and are not allowed to say.

I am glad that I finally grew out of my childish phase. I hope that others have the chance to do so also.

tieguy

Banned
When I was a little boy and my sister said something that annoyed me, I would stick my fingers in my ears and scream out "Na-Na-Na-Na, I cant hear you" at the top of my lungs. I did this because I lacked the maturity and restraint to decide for myself what I would and would not listen to. .

Did you ever stop?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
When I was a little boy and my sister said something that annoyed me, I would stick my fingers in my ears and scream out "Na-Na-Na-Na, I cant hear you" at the top of my lungs. I did this because I lacked the maturity and restraint to decide for myself what I would and would not listen to. I also did this because, on some level at least, I was afraid that my sister might be right about what she was saying and that the truth might be too uncomfortable for me to handle. So I needed to at least pretend that I wasnt hearing it so that I would not have to take any responsibility for it...even though my curiosity made me keep one ear uncovered.

Certain posters rely upon the "ignore" feature for the same reason. They have not yet developed the maturity to choose for themselves what they will respond to or how they will respond to it. Nor do they have the self-confidence to detach themselves from any concern about what others might be saying or thinking about them, they instead feel compelled to obsess over and manage what others are and are not allowed to say.

I am glad that I finally grew out of my childish phase. I hope that others have the chance to do so also.

images

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Paranoia meets omnipotence.

Note: I have nothing to do with UPSers.com so don't bother asking me stuff about that site.
Curses!

Tieguy+Snegburt=Atietoo
You ain't kidding. How many screen names can one aquire, and still be sane?

Works for me.

There comes a time in everone's life where they just have to move on. that time is NOW!