What do you do in order to "treat" your body?

Indecisi0n

I use to wake up with a tight back and just general soreness all around. I went for a full body massage and the difference is amazing. It was a deep muscle massage where they really lean into you but afterwards I was in heaven. Just curious what others might do to treat themselves.

rod

Retired 22 years
I like having some sweet young thing walk up and down my back wearing 10 inch spiked heals. Mrs. Rod likes to have a group of sweaty muscular young guys fan her and feed her peeled grapes.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I will sometimes drink a lot of beer until I feel better. Also, Celebrex is a wonder drug for my aching joints.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I find lots of stretching and exercise is all that is necessary. And of course, eating well. Can understand those that have major health issues that need therapists and pharmaceuticals, but generally those things can be avoided.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I joined a gym in mid-Febuary and I have worked out every other day without fail. Its a program called "crossfit" where you have a different workout every time so you never get bored. It is very structured, there is a guy there that leads the excercises and yells at me when I start slacking. I need that, I dont want to think, I just want to be told what to do. It emphasizes cardio and core fitness, its very fast-paced with lots of reps at low weights.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I joined a gym in mid-Febuary and I have worked out every other day without fail. Its a program called "crossfit" where you have a different workout every time so you never get bored. It is very structured, there is a guy there that leads the excercises and yells at me when I start slacking. I need that, I dont want to think, I just want to be told what to do. It emphasizes cardio and core fitness, its very fast-paced with lots of reps at low weights.

This is what my cross-ft looks like. First I'm cross, then I throw a fit ......

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Tae Kwon Do 2 to 3 times per week for cardio and flexibility. Full body (well almost) deep tissue massage every 2 weeks. Lots of motrin and tramadol while actually on the package car. Stretching religiously before work and 10 to 20 minutes half way through the day. All this and I have found my groove to make it through the week as a somewhat upper middle aged UPSer!

klolx

I use to wake up with a tight back and just general soreness all around. I went for a full body massage and the difference is amazing. It was a deep muscle massage where they really lean into you but afterwards I was in heaven. Just curious what others might do to treat themselves.

Are you sure you didn't go to 1 of those "asian massage parlor"?

srvhero

"leastbest"
Tylenol,Advil,Celebrex,Hydrocodone,Muscle relaxers,Xanax,..chased with shot of bourbon. Then during the day I just chew on baby aspirin as if they were orange tic tacs. I'm determined to get that pension....:mornincoffee:

brownelf

Sounds alot like my job to me. I've got a hot tub.