What do you expect Xmas eve?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have no expectations for Christmas Eve. I have places to be but if it doesn't work out we adjust. My kids are in their 20's and the extended family knows I work for UPS. No pressure.

onehandsolo

Some of the hubs have been working extra weekend shifts. To push volume forward. Three of my five heaviest days have been on Monday. While the lightest days during peak have been on Tuesday. Today was my heaviest day 415 stops. Center manager said this should help with xmas eve volume. Keep in mind we will by swamped with late air.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Tomorrow can't be any worse than today. I did 250 stops on a rural route in the woods and still had one whole half of the truck packed full that got sheeted missed.

Marne Vet

Today was ridiculous. Have NEVER seen a dispatch that bad two days before Christmas Center-wide. All red. Just another "Peak" day [here]. I expect to be out till 6-7 PM again tomorrow.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Today was ridiculous. Have NEVER seen a dispatch that bad two days before Christmas Center-wide. All red. Just another "Peak" day [here]. I expect to be out till 6-7 PM again tomorrow.
I wish. I'll be out until 10 or later again. Our center is definitely going to have a ton of missed on Christmas Eve. No recovering from this horrible planning/hiring.

Sent from Nexus 7 using BrownCafe mobile app

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
i ran 260 stops and brought back 100. Worked 13 hours on the nose. I hope to get rid of everything tomorrow,but I wont be surprised if I cant. My kids are grown,i'll work Xmas day if needed

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You can expect lots of two day and nda savers from amazon. Hopefully there will not be any shuttles. Should be a long day for most drivers. The ups store on my route shipped 110 packages on Friday. There will still be a lot of packages in the system.
I will say highly unlikely everything gets delivered at my center. Still going to be a lot of EC tomorrow. Glad I'm not an evening clerk.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
My route is cut out of the plan tomorrow.

I am not even showing up, center manager said to take the day off and enjoy it.

Most bizarre thing ever.

Oh well good luck out there on xmas eve

BeachBoy

Expecting a long day. We had 550 stops in the truck today, 700+ packages.
Managed to get 515 done (insane, I know) and brought back 35.
Finished up the day with 11.5 hours.