What Do You Give Your Preloader and/or Helper For Christmas?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Every morning when I open the door to the TP60 my preloader moans and groans a little bit as he sees what he has to deal with for the day. After a few minutes composing himself and scrolling through my EDD to get an idea of how the package car should be loaded, he diligantly goes about loading in the exact order that I will be delivering it in. He disregards the PAL labels and loads according to the address on the packages. Labels are always facing upwards or forward and packages are lip loaded so as not to fall off the shelves when I take corners too fast. He always takes the time to tape up the packages that are open and usually will take the time needed to make the chrushed parcels look presentable. Every once in a while he will even rewrap a package or two that are too far gone! If something doesn't fit where it belongs, he will place it where there is room but always lets me know where he loaded it. He hasn't had a misload in over 3 years! Needless to say, I have one of the best preloaders in the business and he is very much appreciated!
As a helper he is not bad either. He has an excellent knowledge of the Diad. His pace is neither too fast or too slow but just right for the conditions he is working in. He tends to move a little slower as the day wears on but that is perfectly understandable. Packs a great lunch as well as snacks for me daily. We will even share the same pee bottle.
I am so elated with my preloader/helper that I wanted to make his Christmas special. I have decided to give him an all expense paid trip for him and his family to the beautiful island of Kauai for two weeks this spring!
Hope he has a GREAT time!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Will do. Was married on Mauai 20 years ago and honeymooned on Kauai. Going back for our anniversary as well as a graduation gift for our daughter. Kill two birds with the one stone.

Scoot

Every morning when I open the door to the TP60 my preloader moans and groans a little bit as he sees what he has to deal with for the day. After a few minutes composing himself and scrolling through my EDD to get an idea of how the package car should be loaded, he diligantly goes about loading in the exact order that I will be delivering it in. He disregards the PAL labels and loads according to the address on the packages. Labels are always facing upwards or forward and packages are lip loaded so as not to fall off the shelves when I take corners too fast. He always takes the time to tape up the packages that are open and usually will take the time needed to make the chrushed parcels look presentable. Every once in a while he will even rewrap a package or two that are too far gone! If something doesn't fit where it belongs, he will place it where there is room but always lets me know where he loaded it. He hasn't had a misload in over 3 years! Needless to say, I have one of the best preloaders in the business and he is very much appreciated!
As a helper he is not bad either. He has an excellent knowledge of the Diad. His pace is neither too fast or too slow but just right for the conditions he is working in. He tends to move a little slower as the day wears on but that is perfectly understandable. Packs a great lunch as well as snacks for me daily. We will even share the same pee bottle.
I am so elated with my preloader/helper that I wanted to make his Christmas special. I have decided to give him an all expense paid trip for him and his family to the beautiful island of Kauai for two weeks this spring!

Gross.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
In the past I've tipped 50 bucks. My new guy has done a great job in really adversarial conditions. He'll probably get a hundred.

Buddybrown

What a bunch of B.S.-- Nice Christmas story though---Hey if you have a preloader/helper that performs well, a tip at Christmas is deserved.---You boys share the bottle for anything else? :)

gostillerz

I twisted my ankle on Friday before I picked my helper up. He ran everything that day. Even when I'd do a stop across the street from one he's doing, he'd tell me "I'll get it, find the next stop". This guy was forced to take a 2 hour "lunch" while I did my pickups. He gets everything customers give us and $100. I'lll probably give him $200 by the end of it.

Last edited:

Buddybrown

No one should ever have to pee in a bottle. If you pee in a bottle it is considered a hazardous material especially if you're transporting it (the gross pee bottle) in your vehicle. Quite frankly you should be fired for such a gross offense! Check the contract or better yet get some common sense. :O

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
No one should ever have to pee in a bottle. If you pee in a bottle it is considered a hazardous material especially if you're transporting it (the gross pee bottle) in your vehicle. Quite frankly you should be fired for such a gross offense! Check the contract or better yet get some common sense. :O
​Get over it.

DS

Fenderbender
We will even share the same pee bottle.
I'm buying mine a brand new audi R8:tinfoilhatsmile:
Pee in a bottle? With a buddy? :no:

Buddybrown

​Get over it.
Ok. Make sure you get right over your bottle when peeing as not to miss and get any on the package car floor, gross. Then make sure you let your customer's know that you like peeing in a bottle inside your package car just before you make their delivery.lmao! Only a biker chick or some occupy Wall street person would lack enough class to find a bathroom.

upsgrunt

Urine on the package car floor is 1000 times more acceptable than tracking dog crap, by accident, on your shoes and smearing it, by accident in the same place. Usually this time of year you don't even realize it until you are on your way to the next stop and the heat blows onto your boots.