"What do you have to lose?"

vantexan

That's what tRump said as he postituted for the drug maker.

The French Connection: Trump Family Trusts Are Invested in Hydroxychloroquine Maker

What exactly would tRump not do or say to try and make a buck and screw over as many people as possible?
Boy that's stretching it. Did you see the Democrat lawmaker from Michigan yesterday crediting Trump with saving her life? Got a bad case of coronavirus and Michigan's governor wouldn't allow prescribing hydroxychloroquine. Finally got permission and within two hours was out of the hospital. Said if Trump hadn't pushed the drug she wouldn't have known about it and would probably be dead. Anecdotal evidence all over the place. Eventually there will be enough doses to go around and then what are you going to do? Will seem awfully petty and mean spirited come November.

Box Ox

Boy that's stretching it. Did you see the Democrat lawmaker from Michigan yesterday crediting Trump with saving her life? Got a bad case of coronavirus and Michigan's governor wouldn't allow prescribing hydroxychloroquine. Finally got permission and within two hours was out of the hospital. Said if Trump hadn't pushed the drug she wouldn't have known about it and would probably be dead.

Even Newsweek is admitting it.

Dem lawmaker says Trump saved her life by recommending hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus

"Michigan Democratic State Representative Karen Whitsett told Fox News host Laura Ingraham on Monday that the controversial drug hydroxychloroquine stopped her coronavirus symptoms "within a couple hours."

Whitsett represents parts of Detroit, a city that has been labeled a coronavirus "hot spot." Recent data indicated 5,032 positive cases in Detroit with 196 deaths attributable to the virus reported in the city.

Used primarily to treat malaria, hydroxychloroquine has been praised by President Donald Trump as a potential therapeutic for the virus. Sunday, Trump suggested taking the drug to prevent contracting the virus.

"I'm not looking at it one way or the other," Trump said, "but we want to get out of this. If it does work, it would be a shame if we didn't do it early. But we have some very good signs."

While the FDA has not yet approved hydroxychloroquine for treatment of the coronavirus, Whitsett claims it worked for her.

"I really want to say that you have to give this an opportunity," Whitsett said Monday. "For me, it saved my life."

vantexan

Out of the hospital within 2 hours???

:future:
That's what she said last night on tv. Tell me, looks like Trump might make a little bit off the funds being held in trust for him. From the looks of it very little, but the thing is if the drug is successful in saving lives do you mention it or not? If his administration is looking at everything possible to stop it and are told some small studies look promising and that doctors are taking it while treating the infected with success, what do you do?

Box Ox

A "miracle" those who believe this :censored2: are smart enough to take their next breaths!

Course it's Laura Ingraham, imagine that?

It's a proven anti-inflammatory by way of bringing the immune system response to a virus under control. It's when one's immune system overreacts that the virus kills them.

When doctors/experts like Fauci say it's unproven they mean that clinical trials to prove they definitely work haven't yet been conducted. Doesn't mean they haven't been hearing lots of personal stories that it does.

I don't care if Trump is making any money off of it. If it works, it works.

BrownArmy

That's what she said last night on tv. Tell me, looks like Trump might make a little bit off the funds being held in trust for him. From the looks of it very little, but the thing is if the drug is successful in saving lives do you mention it or not? If his administration is looking at everything possible to stop it and are told some small studies look promising and that doctors are taking it while treating the infected with success, what do you do?

Trump never put anything in ‘Trusts’.

I like to work with reality.

You (seemingly) are dealing in ‘Trump Reality’...

Yikes

BrownArmy

It's a proven anti-inflammatory by way of bringing the immune system response to a virus under control. It's when one's immune system overreacts that the virus kills them.

When doctors/experts like Fauci say it's unproven they mean that clinical trials to prove they definitely work haven't yet been conducted. Doesn't mean they haven't been hearing lots of personal stories that it does.

I don't care if Trump is making any money off of it. If it works, it works.

It’s not clear that it works.

Maybe yes, maybe no.

Good news!

There are trials in NYC.

Maybe it will work.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
when doctors/experts like Fauci say it's unproven they mean that clinical trials to prove they definitely work haven't yet been conducted. Doesn't mean they haven't been hearing lots of personal stories that it does.I don't care if Trump is making any money off of it. If it works, it works.

Listen to me very, very carefully. If it cured covid-19 within 2 hours why do you think we have 10's of thousands dead? Think about it! This is why idiots who listen to Fox News are so :censored2:ing dangerous to society!

Box Ox

It’s not clear that it works.

Maybe yes, maybe no.

Good news!

There are trials in NYC.

Maybe it will work.

I hope so. If more than a couple people make miraculous recoveries soon after taking it you can bet I'll be asking for it if I end up getting infected and land in an ICU whether the FDA has given it a thumbs up or not.

Box Ox

Listen to me very, very carefully. If it cured covid-19 within 2 hours why do you think we have 10's of thousands dead? Think about it! This is why idiots who listen to Fox News are so :censored2:ing dangerous to society!

I'm not a Fox News viewer or listener.

Two reasons for thousands dead even if it works:

1. It hasn't been given the official thumbs up

2. It's not available everywhere.

And I don't think the claim is that it cures COVID. It stabilizes immune response to the virus.

BrownArmy

I'm not a Fox News viewer or listener.

Two reasons for thousands dead even if it works:

1. It hasn't been given the official thumbs up

2. It's not available everywhere.

And I don't think the claim is that it cures COVID. It stabilizes immune response to the virus.

Guy, if HC was a wonder drug, we would know that by now, right?

Box Ox

Guy, if HC was a wonder drug, we would know that by now, right?

The federal government would have moved at lightning speed to approve it for treatment of COVID-19 since it's already been approved by the Food and Drug Administration to treat malaria, lupus and other autoimmune ailments. Right?

Box Ox

From the CDC regarding the use of hydroxychloroquine to prevent malaria while traveling:

https://www.cdc.gov/malaria/resources/pdf/fsp/drugs/hydroxychloroquine.pdf

Regarding side effects. Sounds like those mentioned in every pharma ad on TV:

"Hydroxychloroquine is a relatively well tolerated medicine. The most common adverse reactions reported are stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and headache. These side effects can often be lessened by taking hydroxychloroquine with food. Hydroxychloroquine may also cause itching in some people.

All medicines may have some side effects. Minor side effects such as nausea, occasional vomiting, or diarrhea usually do not require stopping the antimalarial drug. If you cannot tolerate your antimalarial drug, see your health care provider; other antimalarial drugs are available."

Regarding how long it's safe to use:

"CDC has no limits on the use of hydroxychloroquine for the prevention of malaria. When hydroxychloroquine is used at higher doses for many years, a rare eye condition called retinopathy has occurred. People who take hydroxychloroquine for more than five years should get regular eye exams."