What do you think about drivers who sort their truck off the clock?

Hot Carl

On days like this a friend of mine used to deliver his air then -- and probably because his route was close to the building -- get permission from mgmt to return to the building and unload everything on the belt, then proceed loading it properly.

In any case it's the company's mistake (consented to long ago by the International) to have turned into a throwaway PT job. There's no reason for us to fix it on our own time. Let your day be destroyed, I say.
One day my load was so bad, my on-road came down to the belt, chewed out the belt supe, and pulled two preloaders who wanted to stay late for an extra hour. They pulled all the air they could find and had me run it out of a sprinter van while those two guys reloaded the entire truck. I got off at 9:30 that night.

Whither

Scofflaw
One day my load was so bad, my on-road came down to the belt, chewed out the belt supe, and pulled two preloaders who wanted to stay late for an extra hour. They pulled all the air they could find and had me run it out of a sprinter van while those two guys reloaded the entire truck. I got off at 9:30 that night.
That's how it goes some days

Zowert

What’s the problem here? You can actually see the back door
And open it too. I once had a 170 piece bulk stop crammed into my truck so tight that I couldn’t get the rear door open when I got to the loading dock. I had to clear the center aisle from the front to get the rear door open. Took me over an hour to get that one stop done.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
They tell me it makes their day easier but I personally can't see myself doing that. The managers have gotten on to them before for doing that but they didn't listen so they just gave up. The earliest I've seen is some of them coming in at 8:00 a.m. and their start time is 9 a.m.
I come in 5 minutes before start time. Then go. I only get 100 stops off by 5. And the person who covers the route I drive sorts of the clock and gets 170 done by 5. He’s ruining the route!! Why would you give an hour of your time to any company?

MrBates

I come in 5 minutes before start time. Then go. I only get 100 stops off by 5. And the person who covers the route I drive sorts of the clock and gets 170 done by 5. He’s ruining the route!! Why would you give an hour of your time to any company?
That runner is obviously not contemplating the ifs...like if he stopped sorting while off the clock he can make at least 5k to 8k more a year AND probably do it with less stops.
hqdefault.jpg

Est.1998

170 by 17:00?
Anytime i have anything over 130 stops, my eta is 19:00, unless it's under 30 miles, and no more than 200 pieces (not including irregs and other crazy items)

Est.1998

Yep and most here use it like that. They skip their unpaid lunch and just use their two paid 15min breaks.
That's awesome!
Here, we "gotta" take the full hour, unpaid.
With their silly metrics, air, pickups, and trying to get business attempted before 5pm. It's a little difficult to squeeze it in before 3pm (pickup time).

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I can't even begin to describe the ****storm this center is in right now. 9:20 start times for everyone. Unload and both sorts have no clue what they are doing other than to cram, missort and damage everything they touch. Not a single person can write legibly or face an address out. Businesses are dispatched to the worst shelf locations possible. RDO is horrific and therefore the shelf load locations make no sense. Add-cuts every. single. day. Computers now are spitting out bad addresses, closed businesses, and futures faster than ever. Not a single bulk stop get's redirected to a cart no matter the size.

It would be a damn miracle, if I could just walk out, pick up a box, put the box into a car, and repeat without any interruptions.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
I can't even begin to describe the ****storm this center is in right now. 9:20 start times for everyone. Unload and both sorts have no clue what they are doing other than to cram, missort and damage everything they touch. Not a single person can write legibly or face an address out. Businesses are dispatched to the worst shelf locations possible. RDO is horrific and therefore the shelf load locations make no sense. Add-cuts every. single. day. Computers now are spitting out bad addresses, closed businesses, and futures faster than ever. Not a single bulk stop get's redirected to a cart no matter the size.

It would be a damn miracle, if I could just walk out, pick up a box, put the box into a car, and repeat without any interruptions.
That sounds like a nightmare. You probably got like 6 spas for one address don’t you?

Last edited: