What do you think about drivers who sort their truck off the clock?

handleubb29392

They tell me it makes their day easier but I personally can't see myself doing that. The managers have gotten on to them before for doing that but they didn't listen so they just gave up. The earliest I've seen is some of them coming in at 8:00 a.m. and their start time is 9 a.m.

over9five

Staff member
They tell me it makes their day easier but I personally can't see myself doing that. The managers have gotten on to them before for doing that but they didn't listen so they just gave up. The earliest I've seen is some of them coming in at 8:00 a.m. and their start time is 9 a.m.
If you have seniority, grieve the time they are working. Management will not like paying for that.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

When you are trying to qualify, sorting the truck on route during un-paid break time, is a personal decision.

For some people, it's just an organizational process to familiarize themselves with the job.

How many rookies, could learn how to run a route.... when it looks like this ?

1618238273563.png

It takes a person with some vísceras.... to stop.... after you qualify.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
It’s so dumb. Sort your truck mid-day. ON THE CLOCK!!!

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I did it when I was qualifying because it’s the only way I could find to meet their absurd time allowances. I don’t do it anymore. As well as helping validate management’s unreasonable numbers, it also screws any cover driver who does not sort off the clock because the route ends up being dispatched heavier due to the free sorting.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
8AM is nothing, we had guys who would come in at 0530 - 0600.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Easier speeds up the paid day. You are working for free like a jacksss.

We are our own worse enemy.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
If you have seniority, grieve the time they are working. Management will not like paying for that.
YES!!! this was always great to get Two Birds with One Stone. It infuriated both the runners and the center manager . When I found out how badly that clown hated paying those types of grievances I doubled down on them. Several of us would file on multiple drivers working for free and it was beautiful hearing the center manager screaming at the drivers and the preload supes when he saw them working =)

charm299

When you are trying to qualify, sorting the truck on route during un-paid break time, is a personal decision.

For some people, it's just an organizational process to familiarize themselves with the job.

How many rookies, could learn how to run a route.... when it looks like this ?

View attachment 334281

It takes a person with some vísceras.... to stop.... after you qualify.
What’s the problem here? You can actually see the back door

Last One In

I have complained about this for years. Go to steward. He tells manager. He gets drivers out of their cars for about a day. Cycle starts all over again. BA doesn't want me to file: "You won't get any money from this grievance." I have given up which us exactly what everyone was hoping would happen.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I have complained about this for years. Go to steward. He tells manager. He gets drivers out of their cars for about a day. Cycle starts all over again. BA doesn't want me to file: "You won't get any money from this grievance." I have given up which us exactly what everyone was hoping would happen.
Impossible- you are respresented by the strongest labor union in the world. It's your fault. Has to be.

ManInBrown

Made my blood boil when I was in package. The spot my truck was situated in had me walking past the whole line in the morning to go to the Diad rack. I would usually show up 5 minutes before start time and I would look inside the trucks as I walked past them. So many suckers working for free. What really pissed me off was, those are the same drivers, when you’re on vacation burn your route to the ground. So you come back and you have an extra 20 stops per day then before you left. Back filing 9.5 and back in the office every morning, which I personally found comical and in a sick way enjoyed arguing in circles with them for 15 minutes. Like a shot of Red Bull. Woke me up for the day. But what about the driver that doesn’t know how to handle the harassment? drivers that work for free are just slimy people. I had no respect for them. This is a union job. Don’t steal, don’t fight, don’t lie. You’re bulletproof. Why would you work for free? Might be harsh but just saying how I felt.

ManInBrown

Made my blood boil when I was in package. The spot my truck was situated in had me walking past the whole line in the morning to go to the Diad rack. I would usually show up 5 minutes before start time and I would look inside the trucks as I walked past them. So many suckers working for free. What really pissed me off was, those are the same drivers, when you’re on vacation burn your route to the ground. So you come back and you have an extra 20 stops per day then before you left. Back filing 9.5 and back in the office every morning, which I personally found comical and in a sick way enjoyed arguing in circles with them for 15 minutes. Like a shot of Red Bull. Woke me up for the day. But what about the driver that doesn’t know how to handle the harassment? drivers that work for free are just slimy people. I had no respect for them. This is a union job. Don’t steal, don’t fight, don’t lie. You’re bulletproof. Why would you work for free? Might be harsh but just saying how I felt.
Everything UPS management does as far as harassment, and calling drivers into the office has one purpose. It’s a tool used to instill fear in drivers to try to get the most out of them production wise. That’s why if you’re a driver like me, that did everything the right way. Never stole time, never did anything you’re not supposed to do serious that can result in termination, once you stick up for yourself they move on. It’s a waste of their time to continue the harassment. Now I’m not telling drivers that treat the job like it’s a playground that if you stand up for yourself they will leave you alone. They won’t. But if you do the right thing, and stand firm, it will end. They will just let you go about your day. That is a fact.