What do you think is Going to Happen after Peak!

StopTheAct

I dont know how things are out in your Centers, But if we have all these Full time drivers Not Driving Durring "Peak" Its not going to Pick up and get better....
Im not too far from the Bottem on the Senority List!!
I have been Driving all summer and all peak so far, only 1 day i was Extra!

But the Way things Look....... What do you think is going to Happen?
are they going to be laying off...part time guy's..drivers... or ..................

over9five

Staff member
Re: What do you thik is Going to Happen after Peak!

Lots of Feeder drivers going back to Package.

BIG-TIME domino effect.

That's what I see.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave

Last year was bad but we had zero feeder drivers get laid off - vacations and work imported from other buildings helped that happen. Package car drivers got laid off and were sent back inside. I'm hoping for the same this year ,no layoffs at feeders. At least I have a little bit of a buffer zone between the bottom of the list and myself. If I did get clipped I can bump 2 inside part timers to get my 8.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

I see myself continuing to make money hand over fist :happy2:.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

If it's anything like last year my peak season will begin the Monday after New Years.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...

Yes, that seems to be the subject of many people here in our center. I think whatever happens is inevitable and you have to adjust your lifestyle if lose your driving status. Try to stay away from rumors especially if its unsubstantiated as it can cause stress that you may take home to your family.

Come on, its the Christmas season. Enjoy life, stop scaring people into paranoia.

rod

Retired 22 years

Same thing that has happened at UPS for decades after peak---------total melt down and a big cluster ----:bloodshot::taz::surrender:hang:

NY11725

Well considering it really isnt as heavy as my hub expected it to be this peak, I think it will get even more slower after peak

Same thing that has happened at UPS for decades after peak---------total melt down and a big cluster ----:bloodshot::taz::surrender:hang:
You're right of course Rod. The real question is just how thick is that cluster going to get?
In our building the majority of the PT cover drivers will go back inside to their PT jobs. The bottom couple of FT covers will possibly go inside also. We only have one feeder driver that will go back into package and he is the cover feeder driver, when no vacas or peek season runs are in he's in package anyway. None of our other feeder drivers are package qualified.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling

After peak? I go back to doing exactly what I am doing now. Making to trips a night to the hub, and working 8.0 hours per night. Exact.

What'dyabringmetoday???

After peak? I go back to doing exactly what I am doing now. Making to trips a night to the hub, and working 8.0 hours per night. Exact.
I envy you. It is too bad there were not more 8 hour feeder runs. Too many co-workers tend to give management ideas on how to consolidate runs though.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think

If its anything like the last 2 years, peak starts after December, last year post peak was crazy, tons of OT, Pkgs being brought back to the building, not enough drivers to del the volume and sups going out on rtes delivering. The center sank faster than the Titanic, oh the fun we had last year. This year there are no vacation weeks for the drivers in the month of January, the center manager block the month.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol

Feburary Vacation here I come........lolololololo,,,, then layofffffffffffffffffff

Dustyroads

I don't believe that the volume projections for the five weeks after Christmas are appreciably different from the actual volumes for those five weeks which followed Christmas 2008.

talkwith

Next year will make this year look like a cakewalk. Since April, I have consistently worked until 8:00pm every day. I expect to work later next year. I have never seen UPS ignore 9.5 grievances as much as they have this year. They simply don't care about honoring the contract. We receive daily tongue lashings about the increase in injuries and accidents when it is the added workload which has led to those increases. Next year I expect yet more foolish "cost reducing measures" which will inevitably lead to an increase in costs just as they have done this year. UPS has probably set a record this year in the number of missed packages and other miscellaneous service failures, not to mention the number of customers we lost. All this occurrs because UPS wants to keep their stock price up. I'm glad I sold mine when it was $75 a share. Sorry for the negativity but it would be naive to think otherwise.

upsman68

If its anything like the last 2 years, peak starts after December, last year post peak was crazy, tons of OT, Pkgs being brought back to the building, not enough drivers to del the volume and sups going out on rtes delivering. The center sank faster than the Titanic, oh the fun we had last year. This year there are no vacation weeks for the drivers in the month of January, the center manager block the month.

Can he do that.