What does 6:1 list mean?

YD1

My husband had been driving casual for a couple of years for the holidays. He has been also doing preload and got taken off and he is now on the 6:1 list. What does this mean? He is covering for another driver for a couple of weeks.

By The Book

My husband had been driving casual for a couple of years for the holidays. He has been also doing preload and got taken off and he is now on the 6:1 list. What does this mean? He is covering for another driver for a couple of weeks.
Have you asked your husband these questions?

hyena

@UpstateNYUPSer was right. 6 inside employees then 1 outside.

RolloTony Brown Town

And the 1 isn't necessarily "outside" either. It could be a pt supervisor crossing back over should his division manager allow it, any off the street hire, or an inside employee where they ignore seniority even.

OP your husband needs to be the absolute best if he's counting on the 6:1 ratio. Seniority is your only guarantee of getting a driving bid.