What does a fedex ground

It will be fine

Are you talking about moving trailers into and out of loading doors? That's usually not a job for a package handler.
Sure it is. It's one step up from handler, they train you to drive the little yard dog and you drive it around the yard all night putting trailers on door. Some switchers move straight trucks around too.

bacha29

Sure it is. It's one step up from handler, they train you to drive the little yard dog and you drive it around the yard all night putting trailers on door. Some switchers move straight trucks around too.
Remember how they're always barking about safety? Yet they'll take some poor unsuspecting kid hired through a temp agency who probably never drove anything bigger than maybe a T-plate, give him a handful of training hours then turn him loose in a poorly lighted iced over yard to spot trailers in between other trailers, try to back in to the door square, hook together outgoing doubles etc etc. Which always works fine until he hits something or somebody then it's " hasta lavista baby".

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Remember how they're always barking about safety? Yet they'll take some poor unsuspecting kid hired through a temp agency who probably never drove anything bigger than maybe a T-plate, give him a handful of training hours then turn him loose in a poorly lighted iced over yard to spot trailers in between other trailers, try to back in to the door square, hook together outgoing doubles etc etc. Which always works fine until he hits something or somebody then it's " hasta lavista baby".
Sounds about right.

Express Courier

A switcher has to hit from both sides of the plate. If you know what I mean.

giphy.gif

bacha29

I'm in cali no ice here is it hard to do so you have any tips or what machines to learn
I have only one piece of advice. Quit before you're charged with manslaughter. On the other hand I'm sure you'll do fine right after they finish evacuating the neighbor hood . Look at it this way, they build new houses every day and right after you demolish 3 or 4 of them maybe they'll come to the realization that putting you in a yard truck to spot trailer. is not in the best interest of our nation.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
So is it hard to do and I been with FedEx for a awhile

Okay, I’m going to pretend for just a moment that you’re a real person actually being serious.

Something about the fact that you’re just asking this question makes me feel that the most prudent thing you can possibly do is to simply back slowly and quietly away from the whole idea and never again entertain it with another thought.

Trust me - it’s for your own good

(as well as God-only-knows who else’s) :sad: