What does Memphis do about this?

bbsam

Staff member
You are probably right. Judging by his boots he looks like ex-military. Poor guy. Probably spent time at war to come back and then have to defend the Stars and Stripes here too.
Alternative headline: FedEx representative interferes with Constitutionally protected free speech because, "it pisses me off."

Schweddy

Balls
His fb says "worked at Fedex" but I don't know how Fedex will handle this situation with any certainty. I hope they don't fire him, depending on how good an employee he is, but I could see them letting him go.

It will be fine

Fired for sure. Can't get angry and assault people on the street in uniform. Stealing company time at the least, this will show on the gap report.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Memphis response will be based on public reaction. If he is praised on Twitter, Facebook, etc., he will be held up as the ideal employee. If there is a public backlash, he will quickly become an ex-employee and Frontline example for the rest of us.

rod

Retired 22 years
Apparently that law was ruled unconstitutional in Iowa in December '14, according to another article.

I think Texas has made it illegal to burn an American flag also (except when done by an authorized place like the VFW or Am. Legion).

vantexan

Alternative headline: FedEx representative interferes with Constitutionally protected free speech because, "it pisses me off."

The author of the article said that, not the FedEx guy. People ought to remember more than a million men and women have died carrying that flag while fighting white supremacists in both the southern U.S. and in Europe. It may be protected free speech, but that one protester said they were protesting things that happened in the past. When are they going to look to the future? And protected speech means they can't be arrested, jailed, and prosecuted for it. It doesn't mean those that disagree with it have to allow you to do it. If FedEx doesn't stand up for their guy in a situation like this then they have absolutely no integrity left. I remember years ago a UPS driver used his truck to pin a guy against a wall who was shooting others. UPS fired him for improperly using his truck even though he was hailed as a hero who saved lives. That a corporation would put their self interests above doing the right thing is despicable.