What does ORION look like?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
My center has yet to adopt ORION and curiosity has gotten the best of me as to what exactly it looks like as far as the DIAD goes. Regardless of all the ORION threads I've read on here and management people I've asked, I still cannot visualize it.

As far as I can understand, is it essentially just an EDD that constantly updates the order of the stops? Are there additional interfaces it adds in the DIAD? Does it map your route like a GPS and tell you exactly where to turn for a stop? Anything you can tell me would be great.

It looks exactly the same. It does not update thoughout the day. It creates one "solution" when you get Edd in the morning and does not adjust for time, ocas, or changes throughout your day. The only thing youll see different on the diad screen is on the bottome right corner it say ODO and has an option to turn it off and display the normal delivery order.

image.jpg

sailfish

It looks exactly the same. It does not update thoughout the day. It creates one "solution" when you get Edd in the morning and does not adjust for time, ocas, or changes throughout your day. The only thing youll see different on the diad screen is on the bottome right corner it say ODO and has an option to turn it off and display the normal delivery order.
So if you would happen to have to break off it doesn't readjust for your new starting point?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
They do put up computer screens and you can pull up your Orion route on a map.
Only about 3 guys from the whole center looks at it, No One Else Cares

neiko

No its mapped in am . Just like edd would be .as the computer thinks best way to run rte . Biggest waste of money .doesnt factor in pickups or airs either . But some rtes actually have lunch hr factored in . Which is good

neiko

They make up for all the money they saving on gas . On all the reports printed out in am .about it . U guys get the printouts in morning . What happened to go green ?

sailfish

My EDD is already in a pretty good order as far as mileage goes but I have so many pickups that I have to stop for at a certain time that I could never run it in exact order. I always end up having to come back for residentials. Did they really not think this kind of thing through when they implemented it?

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
That sounds incredibly pointless.

Wait until you get Orion and it tells you that 87 piece bulk stop as your 76th stop and to just work around it until then. It is great.

Then you have all the left hand turns you now need to make.

Then don't forget to start backing into the driveways all the time.

And then the last of the great hits, yes do cross that street with the 50mph speed limit and heavy traffic, it is the Orion way, safety last.