What does the FedEx Home Delivery Dog logo signify?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I know about the original FedEx design by Mr. Lindon Leader of Leader Creative

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000273.php

but, who's idea was to use a dog logo for this branch of FedEx???

http://www.worldlingo.com/ma/enwiki/en/FedEx

Thanks in advance for any legit answers :peaceful:

It was Fred's, because it symbolizes his ability to treat you like a dog. Seriously though, I've always thought it was kind of like a take-off on the dog bringing you your newspaper theme.

HomeDelivery

Oh, so in your area, the Ground drivers are scumbags, but that is not the case in my area... sorry that you have convicts for drivers in your town.

So I guess your statement was somewhat valid.

I've spoken with a HD driver that transferred out of Express PT into a FT status with HD type of job because she's single & doesn't need all those extra benefits & aggrivation that comes with Express managers... she's happy to be doing 20 stops an hour & getting finished early.

I've also known fellow good drivers in my area that had found a better job & this is just a "stepping stone" for some of them. One asked for a raise after 3 years on the job doing excellent work (gouing up to 25 stops per hour!) and in return, he gets 30 more stops per day instead as a raise!

But, in this economy, they'll just have to buckle down, do the best job as it is because it's better than working at McDs or Walmart.

I can only do 10-15 stops per hour & I guess that's better for me to only work as a temp / peak driver or a FT driver during the summer months only.

Stay SAFE out there, NE swing driver

FedExer267

Oh, so in your area, the Ground drivers are scumbags, but that is not the case in my area... sorry that you have convicts for drivers in your town.

So I guess your statement was somewhat valid.

I've spoken with a HD driver that transferred out of Express PT into a FT status with HD type of job because she's single & doesn't need all those extra benefits & aggrivation that comes with Express managers... she's happy to be doing 20 stops an hour & getting finished early.

I've also known fellow good drivers in my area that had found a better job & this is just a "stepping stone" for some of them. One asked for a raise after 3 years on the job doing excellent work (gouing up to 25 stops per hour!) and in return, he gets 30 more stops per day instead as a raise!

But, in this economy, they'll just have to buckle down, do the best job as it is because it's better than working at McDs or Walmart.

I can only do 10-15 stops per hour & I guess that's better for me to only work as a temp / peak driver or a FT driver during the summer months only.

Stay SAFE out there, NE swing driver

Dang HD are you in my building. I asked for a raise for over a year and got more stops, always the same old thing, I cant afford it which we all know is a bunch of crap. Anyways I slowed way down brought back stops and they were quickly taken back off my truck. Contractor asked what was up simple if you dont do for me I dont do more for you. Its called getting what you pay for.

whenIgetthere

I always thought it was to represent the dogs that are always biting us!! I've been bitten three times in the past two years. Third one got my foot in the snoot, and I'm a dog lover!! LOL

FedExer267

I always thought it was to represent the dogs that are always biting us!! I've been bitten three times in the past two years. Third one got my foot in the snoot, and I'm a dog lover!! LOL

I have got it twice in the last few years and been chased many of times. The funny thing is all the customers say the same thing carry milkbones like the UPS driver and you wont get bit. Simple response if I worked for UPS I could afford Milkbones unfortunatley thats not the case.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
I have got it twice in the last few years and been chased many of times. The funny thing is all the customers say the same thing carry milkbones like the UPS driver and you wont get bit. Simple response if I worked for UPS I could afford Milkbones unfortunatley thats not the case.

I carry Beggin Strips, but only my favorite dogs get them. If I feel unsafe b/c of a meanie, I leave a note outside the mailbox telling them to contain their dog and try again the next day. We are routinely held accountable if we get bit, so I try not to take chances. When I was a driver helper I got bit twice, once on the ass and once on the ankle. I always keep the DIAD with me in case a snarler sneaks up on me. That thing packs a pretty good wallop. Oh yeah and one guy lost control of his Presa Canario when I was delivering to his neighbor. I have never been that scared of a dog. It acted like Cujo. No joke, I think it would have killed me if I had been further from the truck.

Mostly, though, dogs are one of my faves about the job. I tend to remember their names and not their owners.

I still think the FedEx pup is cute.

HomeDelivery

LoL 267, i don't think so unless you're HD...

funny thing is i had a contractor approach me for more $ per stop

& another that wanted to pay me by the hour during peak (even with my mundane 10-15 stops per hour)

Hope I can find a better job soon

ex FedEx Home Delivery driver since xmas eve now