What does this stamp mean on a label?

pkgtoak

I realize this board is geared towards employees discussing the company, but I receive many late packages with with this red stamp on the label and was wondering if anyone could tell me what it means.

This was a 2nd day air package that was late by a day, I've also receive other 2nd day packages that were late with this same stamp on them, about 50% of my 2nd day packages are late by a day, because UPS decides to give them their origin scan past midnight, which is complete BS considering they were picked up on the previous day.

For example, this package was shipped on Thursday 7/9, but did not get scanned until Friday 7/10 at about 1am, so they consider the package to have been shipped on Friday and let it sit in Louisville an extra day. When I call up the company I receive these packages from, they refuse to refund me the amount I paid for shipping because UPS does not refund them on these packages that get scanned after midnight, pisses the crap out of me but I can't do about it other then wonder what this stamp means.

I apologize that I've given so much detail on the problem, I realize this is not a customer help forum, and that nobody here can help me, I'm just curious what this red stamp means.

The word that is partially blocked out because the zip code was under it says "applied"
label.PNG

EDIT: Despite my user name, I am not located in Alaska, but I used to have a problem with next day air packages being misrouted to Anchorage from the Rockford, IL air hub, causing them to be late by a day.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
SCC - Shipping Charge Correction
AH - Additional handling
OS - Oversize
DW - Dimensional Weight
OL - Over length
WT - Incorrect weight

So, it looks like some type of SCC was applied but none was circled.
Shipper may be trying to avoid full shipping charges and package gets held correct billing information.

Do not Duplicate - Indicates to a downstream UPS person that this package discrepancy has already been detected and processed.

This package has 1 pound as the billing weight from the shipper.
Most likely, it weighed more.

Last edited:
T

Turdferguson

I realize this board is geared towards employees discussing the company, but I receive many late packages with with this red stamp on the label and was wondering if anyone could tell me what it means.

This was a 2nd day air package that was late by a day, I've also receive other 2nd day packages that were late with this same stamp on them, about 50% of my 2nd day packages are late by a day, because UPS decides to give them their origin scan past midnight, which is complete BS considering they were picked up on the previous day.

For example, this package was shipped on Thursday 7/9, but did not get scanned until Friday 7/10 at about 1am, so they consider the package to have been shipped on Friday and let it sit in Louisville an extra day. When I call up the company I receive these packages from, they refuse to refund me the amount I paid for shipping because UPS does not refund them on these packages that get scanned after midnight, pisses the crap out of me but I can't do about it other then wonder what this stamp means.

I apologize that I've given so much detail on the problem, I realize this is not a customer help forum, and that nobody here can help me, I'm just curious what this red stamp means.

The word that is partially blocked out because the zip code was under it says "applied"
View attachment 47028

EDIT: Despite my user name, I am not located in Alaska, but I used to have a problem with next day air packages being misrouted to Anchorage from the Rockford, IL air hub, causing them to be late by a day.
It means your packages have been selected for drug screening. Keep your filthy weed packages out of UPS.

pkgtoak

SCC - Shipping Charge Correction
AH - Additional handling
OS - Oversize
DW - Dimensional Weight
OL - Over length
WT - Incorrect weight

So, it looks like some type of SCC was applied but none was circled.
Shipper may be trying to avoid full shipping charges and package gets held correct billing information.

Do not Duplicate - Indicates to a downstream UPS person that this package discrepancy has already been detected and processed.

This package has 1 pound as the billing weight from the shipper.
Most likely, it weighed more.

Thank you very much for your response, the tracking page says that the weight is 1.3 pounds, so it is indeed the shippers fault. I guess because they are correcting the mistake they don't scan it in until later.

It means your packages have been selected for drug screening. Keep your filthy weed packages out of UPS.

Hey now, what better way then to have drugs delivered than by my friendly UPS driver?

The biggest problem is being from Alaska...

Actually from California, user name relates to another problem that has been corrected thankfully.

I meant in no way for this to be a hate thread, I actually like UPS, my driver is friendly and courteous, unlike FedEx Ground drivers, Express is ok though. I guess my ideal solution would be for my shipper to switch to FedEx for air and keep UPS for ground, but the best thing to happen would be for UPS to not delay my packages by day because the shipper made a mistake, but like I said before there isnt anything I can do about it.

Once again I apologize for intruding on the space of your forum, I realize most of you have enough of dealing with customers while at work.

Thank you

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Packages that have dim weight and other issues correct by revenue recovery, do not get "held" to my knowledge. They are pulled off of the belt, scanned corrected and gone within minutes.

If you have something shipped, the pickup date does not count as a day of transit.

upschuck

The packages were probably picked up past the time that they needed to be on their way to the airport, therefore pick up records them as being picked up the following day.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You've been courteous and somewhat entertaining so I'll tell you a little more. Each center where the drivers are based has a different cutoff time for air packages and non-air packages to be brought back to the building. My hub is large and close to an airport so our 2nd day airs are treated like ground and get there within the 2 days without being back by the air trailer cutoff, but I have to have next day airs back to the building by 7:50PM at the latest. Everything else has to be back by 8:45PM to be able to be unloaded, sorted and to make it into the proper trailers heading out.

That being said, there are a few different reasons your packages could be missing the cutoffs. A regular small business typically gets one pickup somewhere around 5pmish by a regular package car (small brown truck) driver, but it varies greatly. If they ship a enough volume they could have a dedicated trailer that we pickup every night with a big tractor and they might not be segregating the 2 day air packages, or they might have multiple pickups during the day where the air is picked up then the ground gets picked up later, again depending on the volume there and the 2DS packages are going out later.

I used to run a route where one high volume shipper was left one of our trailers to fill up all day long then we'd send a tractor trailer driver to pick it up just after 8PM each night at which time the driver would leave an empty trailer for them to start filling up. I would come in my small brown truck and pickup the next day air and international packages also at 8PM. In this example, labels could be printed after 8PM and loaded into one of our trailers, however it doesn't count as going out that day because our trailer already was pulled at 8PM.

Does that make sense?