What going to happen to semi new employees.

nv8449

I started back in October, will the delay in the contract affect me from getting insurance coverage?
will I get my 1 year raise ?
also will the new employee raise affect me because I find it stupid that I'm getting paid 9.50 and then some new guy gets to start 10 and then 11 after 90 days.

kingOFchester

I started back in October, will the delay in the contract affect me from getting insurance coverage?
also will the new employee raise affect me because I find it stupid that I'm getting paid 9.50 and then some new guy gets to start 10 and then 11 after 90 days.

Stink or others may have a more definitive answer then I, but I assume since we are currently working under the 2008 contract, and there is not specific date language on insurance but rather just a period of time, it should be honored.

Everyone hired before August 1 2013 and keeps that seniority date is under the 2008 contact. After that he or she is under a new ratified contract.

kingOFchester

Everyone hired before August 1 2013 and keeps that seniority date is under the 2008 contact. After that he or she is under a new ratified contract.

Actually, anyone hired after August 1st, will still be working under the 2008 contract as well. When all supplements/riders are worked out, they "should" get back pay. However, nothing is in stone.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I'll try to answer your question about your raises; but I'm not under the National contract and haven't read the actual language (which I don't think was changed), and am basing the dollars and cents on a UPSdate flyer from the IBT & flyer from MakeUPSDeliver/TDU.
also will the new employee raise affect me because I find it stupid that I'm getting paid 9.50 and then some new guy gets to start 10 and then 11 after 90 days<I believe the 90 day pay rate bump has been eliminated>.
You seem to be under the 'All Others' classification so I'll limit my discussion to that rate.
Because you have attained seniority, you will get a $.70 raise payable retroactive back to Aug. 1, when the new Agreement goes into effect. So that puts you @ $10.20, between now and your 1 year anniversary in October. You will still be paid $9.50, but you will be owed $.70 for all hours worked since Aug. 1.
Now, if we get to your anniversary and the new contract still hasn't gone into effect, you should be paid the old 'Seniority plus 1 year' rate of $10.00. If the new contract is in effect by then, I believe the new 'Seniority plus 1 year' rate is $10.50, and you will get that rate.