What happened to UPSSocks and Johnny Union?

iowa boy

All that sounds good. I would feel better about what you say if you actually chose to tell us you lost respect for a johnny union type here when they make their posts. For some reason that never seems to happen.

Tie,

In the almost 3 years I have been on this forum, I have never seen you take it to a personal level like Socks did. Johnny Union has not taken it to a personal level. I have never taken it to a personal level here. Thats the difference.

I really hate to massage your ego here, but alot of us on here, including myself, do have respect for you because you act the way you do. You give the managements perspective without alot of bias. You tell it like it is. Us hourlies do the same thing and yes I know some of us are a little more biased than others. If Socks were to act as you and Dragon and UPSLifer do on here, we would all respect him. But why act like Socks does? it serves no purpose other than to inflame the masses.

I know thats what he was trying to do, and we are all guilty of that too, but everyone listed, including yourself, don't let it drop to the "personal" level.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Good point. My point is that we are all just anonymous Posters. How we portray ourselves is up to us and us alone. The Mods/Cheryl/Members have no right to decide who is appropriate and who is not. There are TOS that direct how we "say" things. SOCKS did not violate those TOS as often as alleged. That's my opinion

Unfortunately for you, you don't get to decide that.

Seriously, I don't get this whole thing. If Cheryl or one of her chosen Moderators want to do something on this site, they can do it! It's her site and she can do whatever the he** she wants. You all don't have to like it, you only get the privilege(notice I said privilege, not right!!) of posting here because of Cheryl, so if she feels like you should be banned or moderated or whatever else she decides you don't have a say in the matter.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Unfortunately for you, you don't get to decide that.

Seriously, I don't get this whole thing. If Cheryl or one of her chosen Moderators want to do something on this site, they can do it! It's her site and she can do whatever the he** she wants. You all don't have to like it, you only get the privilege(notice I said privilege, not right!!) of posting here because of Cheryl, so if she feels like you should be banned or moderated or whatever else she decides you don't have a say in the matter.

I have pondered this: "it's their site" thing for a few weeks now.
I respect and honor Cheryl and (I think Tony...are they connected)...
I still think SOCKS needs to be admitted back with full posting rights for a period of time. If he blows it, I'll go away too.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have pondered this: "it's their site" thing for a few weeks now.
I respect and honor Cheryl and (I think Tony...are they connected)...
I still think SOCKS needs to be admitted back with full posting rights for a period of time. If he blows it, I'll go away too.

Cheryl (and yes Tony are connected) has said repeatedly that he is not banned. Why would you sell your soul to SOCKS? You would leave if he screwed up? Why? You've already said that he didn't violate TOS as often as he was accused of. That right there say that you agree he violated TOS. He violated TOS. He can either correct the behavior or leave of his on free will or be banned. Why do we have to tolerate his bad behavior? You are an individual. Why base your place in BC on who SOCKS is? Or how he has been alledgedly treated.

UPSSOCKS

Tie,
In the almost 3 years I have been on this forum, I have never seen you take it to a personal level like Socks did. Johnny Union has not taken it to a personal level. I have never taken it to a personal level here. Thats the difference.
I really hate to massage your ego here, but alot of us on here, including myself, do have respect for you because you act the way you do. You give the managements perspective without alot of bias. You tell it like it is. Us hourlies do the same thing and yes I know some of us are a little more biased than others. If Socks were to act as you and Dragon and UPSLifer do on here, we would all respect him. But why act like Socks does? it serves no purpose other than to inflame the masses.
I know thats what he was trying to do, and we are all guilty of that too, but everyone listed, including yourself, don't let it drop to the "personal" level.

First off let me get this out in the open. I am glad that a couple of people on here are claiming they want to respect me, I would like to respectfully tell don't don't sweat it. I don't need or want the respect of any of you... especially on an internet chat room. See where you seek respect, I have power and authority. Power and Authority trumps respect. Let me explain, if you reported to me everyday Iowa boy,you would do exactly what I told you to do, regardless of if you respected me or not. Eventually you would learn to obey the law of the land. It's interesting that you think respecting someone on an internet "chat room" is important, wake up and get a life.

As far as respect goes, I am very decorated and higly respected by my peers, superiors, and some of my subordinates in REAL LIFE. BC is a place where everyone gets a chance to be somebody they aren't. You get to act like you stand up to management when we all know you just shut up and take it. So with that being said. When I need to be respected on an internet make believe play place... I'll PM you..

iowa boy

First off let me get this out in the open. I am glad that a couple of people on here are claiming they want to respect me, I would like to respectfully tell don't don't sweat it. I don't need or want the respect of any of you... especially on an internet chat room. See where you seek respect, I have power and authority. Power and Authority trumps respect. Let me explain, if you reported to me everyday Iowa boy,you would do exactly what I told you to do, regardless of if you respected me or not. Eventually you would learn to obey the law of the land. It's interesting that you think respecting someone on an internet "chat room" is important, wake up and get a life.

As far as respect goes, I am very decorated and higly respected by my peers, superiors, and some of my subordinates in REAL LIFE. BC is a place where everyone gets a chance to be somebody they aren't. You get to act like you stand up to management when we all know you just shut up and take it. So with that being said. When I need to be respected on an internet make believe play place... I'll PM you..

Nice choice of words there Socks! I must applaude you for trying to engage me in another round of remarks chosen to try incite me into another go round with you. But, to show you who is actually the bigger man here, I am gonna just walk away from you and shake my head in disbelief.:rolleyes2:

When you decide to overcome this inferiority complex you have with regards to everyone around you, PM me. We may actually get along.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

Not everyone here tries to be someone other than who they truly are. In fact, there are a very few that have ever been this way. You, however, have an accomplished hand at that. You are arrogant and self centered. Since you claim to be so highly respected amongst your subjects, why not just go back to them? With your attitude you will never have any respect here.

UPSSOCKS

Not everyone here tries to be someone other than who they truly are. In fact, there are a very few that have ever been this way. You, however, have an accomplished hand at that. You are arrogant and self centered. Since you claim to be so highly respected amongst your subjects, why not just go back to them? With your attitude you will never have any respect here.

Go back to them where?? Did you read my post?? Do you have a problem understanding text?? Maybe you didn't see the part about how much the respect of a internet chat room means to me. I am glad you are respected on an internet chat room, I earn my stripes out in the real world everyday.. I will tell you what you earn the respect of people of an internet chat room, and I will earn the respect of people in the real world. We will compare notes on who gets farther.

One other thing, I am very dissapointed that you attacked me personally instead of my post. Do you have a problem with the TOS? Shall I PM them to you so that you can understand them better.

iowa boy

Remember Dilli,

What he is doing is an act. I called him out on another thread for being nothing more than a part-time supervisor who nobody talks to or likes because he has an inferiority complex, (in my opinion.) If he needs to come on here to be all 'billy bad ass' to us, that's his perogative. At least when you and I post something, we are not putting on an act. We say the same words and act the same way we would if we were talking 'in person' to someone.

At least you and I have enough extra time to not have to "act" like someone we aren't.:peaceful:

tieguy

Banned
I don't agree with everything socks says or does and it should be that way.

I do think he's a great lesson for all of us because he mirrors what many union posters have done and gotten away with here for years. As the recipient of many of those attacks ( and yes instigator too) I think I have first hand experience. For some reason posters here will notice and get offended when I make an outrageous response in kind but for some reason they never notice the post I responded to in kind. I didn't see the post is a common response. I guess I should be grateful the union guys are reading my posts and skipping over the guys I'm jawing with.:happy-very:

Last edited:

UPSSOCKS

Remember Dilli,

What he is doing is an act. I called him out on another thread for being nothing more than a part-time supervisor who nobody talks to or likes because he has an inferiority complex, (in my opinion.) If he needs to come on here to be all 'billy bad ass' to us, that's his perogative. At least when you and I post something, we are not putting on an act. We say the same words and act the same way we would if we were talking 'in person' to someone.

At least you and I have enough extra time to not have to "act" like someone we aren't.:peaceful:

Yes dili remember he has to act, and we don't have to act, because he has to act like someone we aren't and we have to act like someone we are, and he has extra time to act, and we do not have time to act and if we were in person we would act the same way, and he would act different, and when he acts we act, blah blah blah blah........

iowa boy

I don't agree with everything socks says or does and it should be that way.

I do think he's a great lesson for all of us because he mirrors what many union posters have done and gotten away with here for years. As the recipient of many of those attacks ( and yes instigator too) I think I have first hand experience. For some reason posters here will notice and get offended when I make an outrageous response in kind but for some reason they never notice the post I responded to in kind. I have not seen it is a common response in many cases.

You have every right to call a spade a spade when you see it on here, and I'd be surprised if you didn't. That is your style of management and how you are on here. I will reinterate what I said last night, very few people on this forum will cross the line and make personal comments about your family. He touched, (didn't cross,) that line with me. You know as well as I do that crap doesn't belong here. Socks does that on a continual basis. If he would be himself instead of coming here to continually perpetuate his piss poor acting job, I would honestly not have a huge problem with him.

We all will disagree about something at one time or another, but be a man about it.

UPSSOCKS

You have every right to call a spade a spade when you see it on here, and I'd be surprised if you didn't. That is your style of management and how you are on here. I will reinterate what I said last night, very few people on this forum will cross the line and make personal comments about your family. He touched, (didn't cross,) that line with me. You know as well as I do that crap doesn't belong here. Socks does that on a continual basis. If he would be himself instead of coming here to continually perpetuate his piss poor acting job, I would honestly not have a huge problem with him.

We all will disagree about something at one time or another, but be a man about it.

When you draw lines expect them to be crossed.... AND you got alot of brass telling someone to be a man........

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
When you draw lines expect them to be crossed.... AND you got alot of brass telling someone to be a man........

I stated my personal opinion. As far as I am concerned you are arrogant and self centered. You think I'm attacking you, then by all means, report it. I don't care. Your statement of power and authority trumping respect oozes arrogance. Get over yourself. You're not that good.

What you said above, expect it back. Draw the line and it will be challenged.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I want to see what SOCKS comes back. I think she's out of her League with him. No way she can trump SOCKS.

BrownArmy

There are a lot of complex arguments and big words here, so I'm stuck between whether this is sixth or seventh grade.

I'm going to go with sixth grade...