What have MLM customers tried to sell you?

ol'browneye

All driver's have some! You know, those customers that are in some Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) scheme and you deliver their product! And it's always some wonder product that will fix what's ailing you.

One guy said "A friend of mine in California that takes this has his UPS driver on it too!" I said "Oh really? Good for him. Thanks. Have a nice day!" That was the Vemma in the orange boxes.

I had one lady meet me at the door and said, "I bet you're wondering what I am getting all the time?" (No , Not really) "Here, read this. I made $500 last month for just drinking a little juice!" She handed me what I thought was a magazine with an article about her product but it turned out this thick "magazine" was a whole brochure on Monavie. I think we even have a member here with the user name Mona vie Leaker!

And then there's Mannatech, "This stuff is gonna change the world!"

Of course their is always the good ol' standby Amway which I think is called Quixtar in the USA now.

What are some of the MLM products or companies that you have delivered over the years that have come and (as most of them do) gone?

old brown shoe

30 year driver
Quixtar formerly known as Amway. All the other pills and juices too. Seems to me that the people who seem to live the longest are beer drinkers and tobacco chewers. I work to hard to spend my spare time at the bottom of a pyrmide scheme. Think I will just kick back and brink beer.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I remember a customer who started getting Melaleuca products all the time and saw me as a potential part of her new "business".She apparently got it into her head that I had nothing better to do during my work day than to peddle her soap and beauty products right out of the back of the truck. One day I was standing there...in front of her crummy apartment... waiting for her to cut a $42 check for her C.O.D. order and she started in on me, telling me that she could "make me rich" and "get me off that route and into a profitable, home based independent business". She wouldnt shut up and she was so busy with her sales pitch that I finally had to interrupt her in the middle of it so that she would finish writing the damn check. I told her "Ma'am, I'm not trying to be rude, but I could fall out of my truck, break my leg, and still make more money off workmen's comp than you will ever make selling that soap." Needless to say, she never pestered me again.

filthpig

Quixtar formerly known as Amway. All the other pills and juices too. Seems to me that the people who seem to live the longest are beer drinkers and tobacco chewers. I work to hard to spend my spare time at the bottom of a pyrmide scheme. Think I will just kick back and brink beer.
sounds like you've got a good start!

filthpig

The worst one is that damned Noni juice. I've had several people try to pitch that snake oil. Buncha sideshow geeks. Just ask them to give you a sample to try. That shuts them up quick.

filthpig

The worst one is that damned Noni juice. I've had several people try to pitch that snake oil. Buncha sideshow geeks. Just ask them to give you a sample to try. That shuts them up quick.

Excuse me, WAS that Noni juice. Apparently that dried up quick. I have an old guy on my route that does vitamins. the other day, at about 6:30 (still in the high 90's) he said "Why are you so late, this pkg has been on your truck since 8 am." My response was "So have I." He shut the hell up.

ol'browneye

I think soberups is right. They think if they can get us to buy their crap, we can sell it to all of our customers on our route and they will make all kinds of money off us. After all, it IS a pyramid-they just make it legal by having some kind of junk to sell!

UPS GIRL

mary-kay
melaluca
stapin-up
creative memories
pampered chef
Arbonne

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few....Since I'm female, and on a mostly resi route, I seem to be a target for all the SAHM's. I'm always polite, but I haven't been suckered into any of them...

ol'browneye

mary-kay
melaluca
stapin-up
creative memories
pampered chef
Arbonne

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few....Since I'm female, and on a mostly resi route, I seem to be a target for all the SAHM's. I'm always polite, but I haven't been suckered into any of them...

Stay strong sister!