what hours do you work? (package car drivers)

Dr.Brownz

From reading this site it seems like alot of drivers are out till retardedly late times like 8 or 9pm everynight. What is your start time?

In my building we have half the drivers come load at 7am then the rest come in at 9am. The 7am starters are done with their routes by 5(the old guys anyway, one guy who is first in everyday is done at 4:20pm everyday, right after his last letter box at 4:15, drops Air at the building and goes home) while the rest get in at 6pm or at least before 7 then two on rural routes get in it at 7:30ish at the latest (often earlier)

Do you guys have late pickups or what? Our outbound trailer leaves at 8 so that may be what pushes our center to get drivers in earlier.

Also guys who work late: what size of center are you in? My center has 24-25 routes daily and around 35 FT drivers.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Start sometime between 8:30 and 9am. Finish between 5-11pm. Some days they just :censored2: you.

Just finished eating supper on route. Still got around 40 stops left. As jumpman would say. They may be walking a little gingerly tomorrow. Lol

Dr.Brownz

On average though what time are you in?

Of course there are always :censored2:ed up days where there are way to many packages and not enough drivers

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
On average though what time are you in?

Of course there are always :censored2:ed up days where there are way to many packages and not enough drivers
It's a crap shoot. Problem with average is take 4 days 2 at 5 and 2 at 9. On average I got off at 7 but I didnt actually get off at 7 anydays.

You basically have to understand ups owns you M-friend and you can't plan anything.

9.5er

Most time we start at 8:30. Depends on what route I'm covering as to what time I get done. Punched out at 5:40 today. I know a couple routes that have 6oclock pick ups. Don't punch out til 7ish on those routes.

Dr.Brownz

It's a crap shoot. Problem with average is take 4 days 2 at 5 and 2 at 9. On average I got off at 7 but I didnt actually get off at 7 anydays.

You basically have to understand ups owns you M-friend and you can't plan anything.

yeah pretty much my experience. Even if I'm on a route that ussualy gets done around 5:30.....that one day you plan something will be the day you get way to much :censored2: and your out till 7:30, or having to call for someone to get your pickups while you keep delivering till 9

ManInBrown

8:30ish start. Done and punched out, 7:15 at the EARLIEST. Most nights after 8

As JUMPMAN would say "Punching them in the NUTS deep into the night":biggrin:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
840 start and I was averaging 725pm punch out until a couple weeks ago when they started hammering me with peak dispatches so now I'm on the 9.5 list.