What I love about the "new" browncafe

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I love that it tells me when someone has quoted one of my posts.
I love that it tells me when someone has replied to a thread I'm watching.
I love that when I click a thread it skips over all the messages I've already read.
I love the shoutbox

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I love that it tells me when someone has quoted one of my posts.
I love that it tells me when someone has replied to a thread I'm watching.
I love that when I click a thread it skips over all the messages I've already read.
I love the shoutbox
I appreciate the input. Curious why @Indecisi0n rated the first post a derail since that was the topic of the thread.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I appreciate the input. Curious why @Indecisi0n rated the first post a derail since that was the topic of the thread.
I'm on a few other forums and non have these features. It's great knowing when someone replied to you or a thread you're active in. Also great not having to hunt for your place in a thread.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Maybe you should get rid of that button also like the dislike button.

Maybe that will happen if it gets abused for no other reason than for members that are too lazy to to use their own words. Dislike is gone because it was abused many times by a couple of members.

Lets see how the disagree button plays out. It's the internet, freely available resources will be misused and abused. From what I was told you were a frequent abuser of the dislike button.

gingerkat

In all honesty I don't like the bad spelling icon. I mean I don't think anyone here is a mensa member, are they? I think for the most part everyone gets the gist of what the poster is trying to say. I used that icon once, in jest, but nobody got the joke.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
In all honesty I don't like the bad spelling icon. I mean I don't think anyone here is a mensa member, are they? I think for the most part everyone gets the gist of what the poster is trying to say. I used that icon once, in jest, but nobody got the joke.
Ya, firefox has spell check and has notifications to let me know that my spelling and / or grammar is incorrect. I don't pay much attention to those notifications. Probably should...

gingerkat

Ya, firefox has spell check and has notifications to let me know that my spelling and / or grammar is incorrect. I don't pay much attention to those notifications. Probably should...
No ma'am… if you think too much about spelling and grammar, we often just delete our entire thoughts. If we just go from our heart, it's authentic (typo's and all).

bbsam

Staff member
a couple weeks ago, I got a bad spelling from one of.the folks within seconds of my post. I fixed it immediately but a couple from that entourage still hit the bad spelling icon an hour later. I still wonder what exactly what goes on in that dynamic.

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe that will happen if it gets abused for no other reason than for members that are too lazy to to use their own words. Dislike is gone because it was abused many times by a couple of members.

Lets see how the disagree button plays out. It's the internet, freely available resources will be misused and abused. From what I was told you were a frequent abuser of the dislike button.
Feels kind of silly. I seldom can take the icons to heart. I don't walk tall through the day because somebody rated my post "winner" the same way I don't lose sleep if 20 people"dislike" a post.

gingerkat

It is kind of strange when I see bad spelling yet I see no bad spelling. Maybe it's an accidental slip of the finger or just because someone feels like it, who knows? I was totally happy with just a like button.

I try not to get down on anyone for spelling anything wrong, unless they claim to be perfect. I think it doesn't bother me because I help adults learn to read and write.

pretender

I would never use the bad spelling icon, but I have to admit that when someone refers to their union stewart, it is like fingernails on a chalkboard.