What if I win a permanent bid while Temp Driving?

wilberforce15

I'm currently part-time, and starting to temp drive (RTD) this week in the Atlantic Area.

I'm told there will be some full-time, permanent feeder bids going up soon.

If I'm RTD, can I still win a bid for feeders?

More importantly, if I do win the bid for feeders, then go to the school and somehow fail, will I just go back to temp driving? Or will leaving for feeder school and a permanent spot count as 'disqualifying' myself or quitting as a temp driver?

If I win and then fail, would I be forced back to part-time in the hub?

dogs.bite.me

From what I recall, a part timer cannot win a bid for a full time position. Now you cab cover feeder for vacations etc, but you can't say win a bid on a feeder run or a delivery bid for that matter. I "won" a bid when I was pt and union told me I couldn't win it since I was pt

wilberforce15

Boy, y'all are a wealth of information.

Yes, part-timers can win bids. And yes, I sign every bid sheet. Neither of those even address the question......

BrownTexas

I'm currently part-time, and starting to temp drive (RTD) this week in the Atlantic Area.

I'm told there will be some full-time, permanent feeder bids going up soon.

If I'm RTD, can I still win a bid for feeders?

More importantly, if I do win the bid for feeders, then go to the school and somehow fail, will I just go back to temp driving? Or will leaving for feeder school and a permanent spot count as 'disqualifying' myself or quitting as a temp driver?

If I win and then fail, would I be forced back to part-time in the hub?
I believe you go back to the position you were at. Technically you don't lose anything because you only gain something by "passing" into it.

By The Book

Boy, y'all are a wealth of information.

Yes, part-timers can win bids. And yes, I sign every bid sheet. Neither of those even address the question......
I think you have to be a seniority full time employee to bid and win another full time bid. If this feeder list gets posted look at the qualifications on the top of posting.

In the central region where I'm at if know one in the classification signs up for the bid it then Goes to the. 22.3 and then to the part time classification. It's never happened but it could.

wilberforce15

In the central region where I'm at if know one in the classification signs up for the bid it then Goes to the. 22.3 and then to the part time classification. It's never happened but it could.

We've had part-timers with a few months seniority win permanent feeder spots this year. There are more bids coming. These aren't really "ifs."

I'm wondering if I take one of those spots if it counts as me 'disqualifying' myself for temp driving (thus making me ineligible to do it again for 2 years). That's fine if I pass the class, but if not, then I don't even have the temp driving to fall back on.

None of my stewards are confident in their answers. It's not directly in the contract.

QKRSTKR

Do you even have a year safe driving? If not your not going to get into feeders unless you would have the same qualifications as an off the street hire. Cdl. So you do have to be full time to bid or have same qualifications.

I think if you have the qualifications for feeders and fail you would be able to go back to temp drive. I don't think you do have the qualifications though.

fres431

Feeder list goes to all full time employees 1st if no full time employees sign list after proper posting duration a part time list will go up and be taking in seniority order by part time within the building.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
From what I recall, a part timer cannot win a bid for a full time position. Now you cab cover feeder for vacations etc, but you can't say win a bid on a feeder run or a delivery bid for that matter. I "won" a bid when I was pt and union told me I couldn't win it since I was pt

Well then your union rep is a maroon. How in the hell do you think us FT employees become FT?

We were PT and signed bid lists go go FT, and we won those bids.

Yoh can't bid a feeder run or a package vacation, you can bid INTO delivery OR feeders from PT. Good to see a lot of well informed union members around here. Smh

Sent using BrownCafe App

dogs.bite.me

Well then your union rep is a maroon. How in the hell do you think us FT employees become FT?

We were PT and signed bid lists go go FT, and we won those bids.

Yoh can't bid a feeder run or a package vacation, you can bid INTO delivery OR feeders from PT. Good to see a lot of well informed union members around here. Smh

Sent using BrownCafe App
No. As a part time driver you can bid into full time position. But until you are FULL TIME you cannot win a bid on a ROUTE . So a part timer cannot have his own run.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
You might have to change your name to Johnnybackup for a while.
I didn't want him to start , Cleveland has ruined many a qb throwing them to wolves as a rookie. Trust me when I say I honestly don't want him to start a game this year. Any yahoo who is judgeing his whole nfl career on his second ever preseason game is an idiot and knows nothing about football. He will be great.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I didn't want him to start , Cleveland has ruined many a qb throwing them to wolves as a rookie. Trust me when I say I honestly don't want him to start a game this year. Any yahoo who is judgeing his whole nfl career on his second ever preseason game is an idiot and knows nothing about football. He will be great.
Agreed.

oldngray

nowhere special

The first thing he needs to do is grow up and lose that attitude of his.