What If Tebow was a Muslim?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I wonder what would happen if Mr. Tebow started crediting Allah for all of his gridiron success? I'm sure everyone would approve if he threw-down a prayer rug after every TD, took off his shoes, and prayed to Meccah. My guess is that there would be a complete meltdown on the Right, as all of them excoriated Tebow for using his football fame to promote Islam.

The Right. Upholding the Double Standard for all of us.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Tebow is the WORST NFL quaterback in the league to make the playoffs!

His performance last sunday was an embarrassment to all professional quarterbacks. 3 for 8 in the first half, then a blazing 3 for 14 in the second half with one interception.

I almost puke everytime the tv pans to the sidelines showing this right wing kook on his knees begging god to give him a throwing arm!

After he gets off his knees, his performance gets WORSE!

Id like to know who's paying him to kneel on the football field! This weekend, he will get the beatdown of his life against the Steelers!

Peace.

tourists24

I wonder what would happen if Mr. Tebow started crediting Allah for all of his gridiron success? I'm sure everyone would approve if he threw-down a prayer rug after every TD, took off his shoes, and prayed to Meccah. My guess is that there would be a complete meltdown on the Right, as all of them excoriated Tebow for using his football fame to promote Islam.

The Right. Upholding the Double Standard for all of us.
Seems like Cascius Clay used to do that very thing you are mentioning. He is still to this day heralded as one of the best athletes ever. You just seem to have a problem with the success he has had. No he isnt a great quarterback ( a rookie non original starter at that). But he is a man of conviction and you cant stand it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Seems like Cascius Clay used to do that very thing you are mentioning. He is still to this day heralded as one of the best athletes ever. You just seem to have a problem with the success he has had. No he isnt a great quarterback ( a rookie non original starter at that). But he is a man of conviction and you cant stand it.

It's the double standard I object to, not his conviction. I'm simply pointing out that there would be a furor if he were Muslim. He can be as devout as he wishes. And I don't recall Ali being quite as dramatic as Tebow.

tourists24

If his conviction is to lose games and suck while doing it, then I have a problem with it.

Peace.
No you have a problem that he is an outspoken christian. Denver was supposed to have zero chance of having a decent season. He is one part that has made it not so bad. People like you just hate to see someone enjoy his life with Christ as the top priority

Babagounj

Strength through joy
praying.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No you have a problem that he is an outspoken christian. Denver was supposed to have zero chance of having a decent season. He is one part that has made it not so bad. People like you just hate to see someone enjoy his life with Christ as the top priority

I didn't know you were a mindreader. Amazing!! It's just like I said. The objection is to the double standard, not his faith. I don't care who he worships, but you do. Sorry, but I thought I was channeling TOS there for a second, hence my edit.

Inthegame

I wonder if Tim Tebow would convert to Judism, change his name to ...Ben Gurion, if you'd still call him Tim?
It's Cassius by the way. Go Broncos!

tourists24

I didn't know you were a mindreader. Amazing!! It's just like I said. The objection is to the double standard, not his faith. I don't care who he worships, but you do. Sorry, but I thought I was channeling TOS there for a second, hence my edit.
No,,, there is no double standard.... you are looking for one.... the whole Tebow thing was about some people getting their panties in a wad because he is so outspoken.... fact is he has had something to do with their success,,, just the fact that he is so positive and his teammates play much better than what they were "supposed" to. I dont have to be a mind reader... there is no double standard

tourists24

I wonder if Tim Tebow would convert to Judism, change his name to ...Ben Gurion, if you'd still call him Tim?
It's Cassius by the way. Go Broncos!
Touche on the spelling..... BUT,,, I put it the old name that way on purpose... just to see if it bothered anyone.... that part makes no difference to me.... yes I still call him Cassius

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Tebows success was based on what? winning against sub .500 teams? What happened when he played teams over .500??

Oh yeah, he lost and lost big.

peace

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's the double standard I object to, not his conviction. I'm simply pointing out that there would be a furor if he were Muslim. He can be as devout as he wishes. And I don't recall Ali being quite as dramatic as Tebow.

You're right--all Ali did was dodge the draft based upon his religious convictions.

brett636

I'd imagine if Tebow were a muslim most of you left wing kooks would probably pay no attention to him or even encourage him.

But you are a mind reader? If you want to see a double standard just look in the mirror.

The is a huge outcry against Tebow for his exhibition of faith.

bbsam

Staff member
If Tebow were a Muslim, he would sound silly thanking his Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ after every miraculous win.