What If Tebow was a Muslim?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Re: Tebow

One is forced--the other is from the heart.

I can not say it better than Dave.

My thought, Tebow is from the heart.

There is no possible way you could know this. I've known muslims all my life, quite a few of them are just as devout as Tebow appears to be.

That really is about as shallow as I've ever seen from you. Brad.

This is why I enjoy Brown Cafe.

bbsam

Staff member

I'm certain the vast majority of the Rick Warren's congregants are "forced" as well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To be fair, my respone to moreluck was the first thing that came to mind. I saw a picture of row upon row of people in prayer and wondered how many of them were doing it out of faith or because they felt compelled or "forced" to do so. I then saw a picture of a man secure in his faith unafraid to express it which to me means it comes from the heart.

Call it shallow--you may be right---but I tend to accept the actions/intentions of a single person over those of a much larger group.

bbsam

Staff member

Some might call it showboating. I don't. Do you call the huge congregations of Billy Graham, Rick Warren, etc. forced as well? If so, what is your meaning of "forced". Tebow may very well feel "forced" by his personal devotion to act as he does. Faith is a compelling force but I sense that is not what you mean.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

The premise of that photo is a made up straw man argument anyway. I have never heard anyone say that it's ok for muslims to pray but not ok for Tebow.

To what if Tebow were a Muslim...
All the hype, controversy, and discussion would not occur.
Only true professors of Jesus Christ, who live it the best they can, are lighting rods for controversary, ridicule and Threads as this one.

There are Muslim NFL players. Minnesota Vikings safety Husain Abdullah is one. He did cause controversary by fasting during training.
But it was not on SNL, MSNBC, AP Wires over and over and over again.

Exactly.... just another looney lefty making a mountain out of a mole hill

moreluck

golden ticket member
For clarification since it is mentioned, Shabbat or the Sabbath to Jewish people begins on sundown Friday and ends on sundown Saturday.
OK, I learned that on the Kardashian's......Scott Disick wanted to have Shabbat dinner and he did mention Friday night and he put a white table cloth on the table. Kourtney told him you don't need to cover the table and he said back that it was part of the ceremony.

See, something to be learned from junk TV.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
To what if Tebow were a Muslim...
All the hype, controversy, and discussion would not occur.
Only true professors of Jesus Christ, who live it the best they can, are lighting rods for controversary, ridicule and Threads as this one.

There are Muslim NFL players. Minnesota Vikings safety Husain Abdullah is one. He did cause controversary by fasting during training.
But it was not on SNL, MSNBC, AP Wires over and over and over again.

Let's see. Which is more of a showboat move...fasting or being a drama queen on the TV? Fasting is part of Ramadan, and might be a part of other Muslim religious practices. Apples and oranges. If Abdullah was as emphatic and dramatic as Tebow, it would be a huge deal.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Back to the original question, is TIM TEBOW was a muslim, would they be ok with him kneeling down facing east and bowing in between possessions of the ball?

The christian fanatics are still hard at work trying to make this country a one religion state, and that aint happening!

I hope TEBOW plays to his skill level this sunday. 4 picks, 5 for 30, 6 sacks, 2 fumbles and zero points scored.

Lets see if GOD can protect him from palomalo.!

peace

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tebow is one guy. He's a sport's figure. He doesn't rate this kind of attention and certainly not in Current Events. He's a football guy (sports), he plays in a stadium (sports), He's NFL....already a thread in sports and he's Tebow, also a thread already in sports forum.

island1fox

I would question the statement that all teams that Tebow won against were SUB 500.

Take a look ---Bears 500 --Oakland 500 --- Jets 500 --Chargers 500 ---K.C SUB 500 -who beat the Packers---- and the Vikings --sub 500

bbsam

Staff member
I would question the statement that all teams that Tebow won against were SUB 500.

Take a look ---Bears 500 --Oakland 500 --- Jets 500 --Chargers 500 ---K.C SUB 500 -who beat the Packers---- and the Vikings --sub 500
Still, not a list to stike fear in any other playoff team.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Tebow is one guy. He's a sport's figure. He doesn't rate this kind of attention and certainly not in Current Events. He's a football guy (sports), he plays in a stadium (sports), He's NFL....already a thread in sports and he's Tebow, also a thread already in sports forum.

If you can't take the heat, switch Forums. Amazing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Island, this may clear things up for you:

The commonality between all the Broncos victories that resonates the most—besides the acclaim of "Tebowtime"—is the overall records at the time of the teams that faced Denver. The Chicago Bears were the only team with a winning record out of seven teams defeated by the Broncos.

The key is overall record at the time they faced Denver.