What is a Fedex UPW Supervisor / Line Agent?

Sum Guy

I've come across a few resumes of former employees and they reference "UPW" in some way, like it's a department or division. If you search the web, there is a fedex email address along the lines of upw at fedex.com.

So I was wondering what "UPW" stands for. ?

SmithBarney

Sorry if I'm harsh here. Presumably you are HR at some company?
Can I have your job please...
You come to a UPS forum(with a FedEx area) to ask about a job title.
There are many resources out there, I can't imagine you actually
thought posting here was a good source.
Again, can I have your job?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sorry if I'm harsh here. Presumably you are HR at some company?
Can I have your job please...
You come to a UPS forum(with a FedEx area) to ask about a job title.
There are many resources out there, I can't imagine you actually
thought posting here was a good source.
Again, can I have your job?

To be fair, I Googled "UPW Fed Ex" and all I got was the same e-mail address that the OP posted above.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
I've come across a few resumes of former employees and they reference "UPW" in some way, like it's a department or division. If you search the web, there is a fedex email address along the lines of upw at fedex.com.

So I was wondering what "UPW" stands for. ?

*Hint hint

Umm, have you...I don't know, like...tried asking those former employees whose resumes you have received?

Sum Guy

About a week ago I was dealing with a US Customs issue regarding a package we were sending from Canada to USA. An FCC radiation declaration form was being asked for. Even though two paper copies of this form is always sent with our shipments, even though we fax the form to fedex fax numbers we've been given in the past AT THE TIME the package is picked up from us, for some reason we can never insure that this radiation form is ever seamlessly integrated into the shipping process such that it is never asked for while the shipment is in transit. If anyone here knows how we can integrate this form into the on-line shipping process such that it is always available to the relavent inspector / agent without our further intervention, please tell me.

So I called Fedex and spoke with an agent (on Sunday) and was told to email the radiation declaration. On monday, the shipment was still being held. I called again, spoke with another agent, who saw in the records that I had spoken with fedex the day before, but there were no details (such as sending the form to the upw fedex address). When I told him what I was told to do, he checked with a supervisor for a few minutes and came back to say that he'd never heard of the "upw" fedex email address before, and gave me another address to send the form to. The package was released later that day and delivered without further incident.

I was curious about the UPW @ fedex email address so I googled it and found that it had been mentioned only a handful of times in the past by people receiving packages in the US in the past few years. I also found what looked like resumes posted online (only 1 or 2 of them) by people who mentioned that they worked as "UPW" supervisors or "line agents".

So because I am always interested in understanding how to fix these paperwork issues when I ship products from Canada to USA, and trying to understand how to pro-actively get certain documents into "the system" before they're asked of me, I wanted to know more about this UPW division or department and why even within Fedex there is uncertainty about it's existance - to the extent that one agent told me about upw @ fedex.com and another agent doesn't know what that address is or that it even exists.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
About a week ago I was dealing with a US Customs issue regarding a package we were sending from Canada to USA. An FCC radiation declaration form was being asked for. Even though two paper copies of this form is always sent with our shipments, even though we fax the form to fedex fax numbers we've been given in the past AT THE TIME the package is picked up from us, for some reason we can never insure that this radiation form is ever seamlessly integrated into the shipping process such that it is never asked for while the shipment is in transit. If anyone here knows how we can integrate this form into the on-line shipping process such that it is always available to the relavent inspector / agent without our further intervention, please tell me.

So I called Fedex and spoke with an agent (on Sunday) and was told to email the radiation declaration. On monday, the shipment was still being held. I called again, spoke with another agent, who saw in the records that I had spoken with fedex the day before, but there were no details (such as sending the form to the upw fedex address). When I told him what I was told to do, he checked with a supervisor for a few minutes and came back to say that he'd never heard of the "upw" fedex email address before, and gave me another address to send the form to. The package was released later that day and delivered without further incident.

I was curious about the UPW @ fedex email address so I googled it and found that it had been mentioned only a handful of times in the past by people receiving packages in the US in the past few years. I also found what looked like resumes posted online (only 1 or 2 of them) by people who mentioned that they worked as "UPW" supervisors or "line agents".

So because I am always interested in understanding how to fix these paperwork issues when I ship products from Canada to USA, and trying to understand how to pro-actively get certain documents into "the system" before they're asked of me, I wanted to know more about this UPW division or department and why even within Fedex there is uncertainty about it's existance - to the extent that one agent told me about upw @ fedex.com and another agent doesn't know what that address is or that it even exists.

You're in the wrong place. You'll never get the answer here.

Sum Guy

> You're in the wrong place. You'll never get the answer here.

Are there any forums where Fedex users can get answers to shipping issues such as the one that I've posted about here?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Are there any forums where Fedex users can get answers to shipping issues such as the one that I've posted about here?

I've never heard of one. Most of us on here are delivery people. We have no dealings with things like that. We just drive the trucks.

Sum Guy

> > Are there any forums where Fedex users can get answers to shipping
> > issues such as the one that I've posted about here?
>
> I've never heard of one.

Strange - isin't it.

An activity that millions of people perform every day - interacting with Fedex. Paperwork, proceedures, forms. Thousands (like me) do it as part of their job.

This is the internet. In the year 2015. There are websites, corporate and public, blogs, forums, user groups devoted to discuss and inform on every task, interest, hobby and human endevour imaginable. But not this.

It will be fine

After helping pioneer the handheld scanner FedEx kinda gave up on keeping up with tech. Many of our systems are still run with the green text on a black screen. It's pretty sad.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
>

Strange - isin't it.

An activity that millions of people perform every day - interacting with Fedex. Paperwork, proceedures, forms. Thousands (like me) do it as part of their job.

This is the internet. In the year 2015. There are websites, corporate and public, blogs, forums, user groups devoted to discuss and inform on every task, interest, hobby and human endevour imaginable. But not this.

We work for FedEx and there are plenty of things they don't tell us. We are treated like mushrooms, kept in the dark.

STFXG

>

Strange - isin't it.

Use Facebook if you need an answer.

hypo hanna

>

Strange - isin't it.

Call your sales rep. They are walking encyclopedias regarding FedEx services. You should have your answer almost as fast as you ask them.

Sum Guy

> Use Facebook if you need an answer.

I don't, and never have, interacted with fecebook. Fecebook was invented for and used by children.

> Call your sales rep.

We don't have a sales rep. How much shipping volume / $$$ do you have to do with Fedex to get a sales rep?

T

Turdferguson

What were you trying to ship? Was it weed?

hypo hanna

> Use Facebook if you need an answer.

I don't, and never have, interacted with fecebook. Fecebook was invented for and used by children.

> Call your sales rep.

We don't have a sales rep. How much shipping volume / $$$ do you have to do with Fedex to get a sales rep?
If you have a zip code, you have multiple sales reps. Call the 800 number and tell them you want to speak with one.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

This sounds like the people who work on paperwork issues between countries, and are probably part of the International Department. FedEx contracts with various companies to clear freight coming across the border, but also has personnel who actually work for the company. The email address is unfamiliar to me, but stuff coming across from Canada is frequently held, as are shipments from other countries, for paperwork errors, or failure to conform with the requirements of the country in question. I've seen stuff held for several weeks.