What is a flex pt supervisor compared to a non flex?

Aaronupser

8 year upser here, I have to move here in a month to a building with a position open called flex pt supervisor and I was wondering if there is any difference in benefits or pay. Tia

Aaronupser

The reason I am asking is to compare my options. I'm currently a dmp and work for the union. When I move my seniority will be reset. The number one thing for me is good insurance.

upser2020

As I understand it insurance changes a ton when you go into management and it's not as good I think you end up paying some of the premium and the coverage isn't as good.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
One cannot simply tag management and expect a response. One must lure them in with quality bait to ensure they will at least read the thread. Here goes...

" Hey guys, I hurt my back lifting a 150 lb box. It sure is heavy. I'm tired of working here. I get paid too much. I hate this place."

This should work, although tagging management usually chases them away for a week or 2. Try the bait first next time.

CentralSup

One cannot simply tag management and expect a response. One must lure them in with quality bait to ensure they will at least read the thread. Here goes...

" Hey guys, I hurt my back lifting a 150 lb box. It sure is heavy. I'm tired of working here. I get paid too much. I hate this place."

This should work, although tagging management usually chases them away for a week or 2. Try the bait first next time.
shiggydiggy.jpg

nWo

I don't think a flex pt sup will have any benefits. We had a flex pt sup in our building. He worked 2-3 days a week. We're talking 10 hours a week.

nWo

They found a way to create a position lower than the pt sup position. Remember a PT package handler with 1 day seniority is still miles above the most senior pt sup.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The reason I am asking is to compare my options. I'm currently a dmp and work for the union. When I move my seniority will be reset. The number one thing for me is good insurance.

As I understand it insurance changes a ton when you go into management and it's not as good I think you end up paying some of the premium and the coverage isn't as good.

As an Union employee the Company is obliged to pay into your individual Health and Welfare carrier roughly 350 a week, it goes up every August 1 for the duration of our Contract.

If Health coverage is your concern than it is a no brained... Stick with the Union...!

Also you do have a retirement plan when you are part time, the amount of your benefits depends where you work. The Company has eliminated any new participation in theirs, they officially will end any vesting rights in 2023, switching to a matched 401k. Not sure about how much they will be match yet.