What is everybody drinking this weekend

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I was inspired by the many posts on here and I decided to get a sampling of some lagers mostly dark ones:
- Currently trying a Sam Adams Double Bock 9.5% alcohol - I like it except the alcohol is too strong - I might start posting like 407 after a couple of these. Very dark full flavored lager with lots of malty taste and a bit hoppy for a lager - tastes of chocolate. I like the taste but too much alcohol!
Update: Did I mention this has too much alcohol?
- Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout - an old friend if you like the malty oatmeal taste - really smooth in the mouth
- Brooklyn Lager - Highly rated but I have never had it - surprised to find it where I live - in case Christmas visitors don't like dark beer.
OK, I tried it and was underimpressed - it is a lager I guess but it is hoppier than most IPAs and the aroma of malts are overpowered by the strong hop smells. Most lagers are clear but this has suspended yeast like a hefeweizen. I'll present it to my guests as an unfiltered IPA made from wheat.
- Paulaner Salvator Double Bock - another old friend - dark malty beer with a straightforward taste
- Ayinger Dunken Dark Lager - never had
- Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock - My favorite double bock to date - dark full-bodied taste that strangely reminds me of an IPA without the bitterness.
- Spaten Optimator Doppelbock - never had
- Wasatch Polygomy Porter - with a name like that, I just had to try it (It's from Utah)
- Chimay Blue Grande Reserve - the best Belgium Ale I've run across - but so expensive

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I decided to finish off a pitcher of Margaritas to help clean out the fridge tonight. I like the Sam Adams Octoberfest, I have a few of those left in my man cave in the basement. I bought a bottle of White Zinfandel for my wife for tomorrow night. I might get into that with her, or go for my traditional post peak seasonal libation of 10 year old McCallan Single Malt Scotch.

S

serenity now

I decided to finish off a pitcher of Margaritas to help clean out the fridge tonight. I like the Sam Adams Octoberfest, I have a few of those left in my man cave in the basement. I bought a bottle of White Zinfandel for my wife for tomorrow night. I might get into that with her, or go for my traditional post peak seasonal libation of 10 year old McCallan Single Malt Scotch.

saving the good stuff for last

on a personal note: i do not imbibe; i find that it diminishes my sexual prowess, so priorities must be taken into account :wink2:

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Drinking some Modelo especial this new years eve while firing off some morters, cakes and small stuff inbetween. I love the two firework holidays.

NY11725

I'm a sissy, but they taste so good, and they have 8% per can :P

MikesHarderLemonade.png
MikesHarderLemonade.png