What is going on with our raise?

ltdan1138

Hello, I have been working at UPS for almost two years now. I work in the at the Reno/Sparks, Nevada Hub. We were supposed to get a raise on August 1st, then January 15th, now I hear it has been moved to June. Are we really going to be retro-paid from August 1st? and If so, how much is our raise supposed to be? If they are going to start new hires around $10.00 an hour, will they adjust my pay rate as well, seeing as I make $10.35 an hour? Are we eventually going to go on strike or going to get our raise? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just a poor college student who has been impatiently waiting for this check.

ltdan1138

Also, I think it is BS that I haven't gotten a regular raise for almost a year now.. Why are some employees raises frozen while others aren't?

ltdan1138

UPS doesn't give promotions and raises due to quality in work, they base it off seniority. If that were the case, I would be making a lot more than some of my co-workers who have been working for years, and no-call no show several times a month.. I looking for real answers here. Not smart ass remarks.

Last edited by a moderator:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That's retarded. UPS doesn't give promotions and raises due to quality in work, they base it off seniority. If that were the case, I would be making a lot more than some of my co-workers who have been working for years, and no-call no show several times a month.. I looking for real answers here. Not smart ass remarks.
Actually, that's not entirely true...promotions from hourly to PT management are usually based on "quality of work"...and the ability to fog a mirror.

Notretiredyet

image.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The op should be in progression correct? The raises won't mean squat to them unless someone with less seniority is making more right?