What is next after STD for a part timer

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by GARA1966, Aug 24, 2014.

  1. GARA1966

    GARA1966 New Member

    I am a part timer. I have been out for 6 months on STD. My STD is going to end on September 4th and my back surgery was scheduled for September 8th. Does anybody know if I still will be covered? What do I need to do? Part timers do not aply fot long term disability.
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

    UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

    Why are PTers not allowed to apply for LTD?
  3. Harry Manback

    Harry Manback Robot Extraordinaire

    You should probably see your primary care physician for the STDs.

    I can't give you a timeframe but I've read that antibiotics can help.

    Good luck.

    Sent using a Potato
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. GARA1966

    GARA1966 New Member

    I called HRSC and they told me that. I had called about 3 times and they all gave me different answers.
  5. jumpman23

    jumpman23 Oh Yeah

    You better pray to god you have a good back surgeon dude, or else you could be permanently disabled for the rest of your life. If your going to get back surgery I hope you did your homework and chose a topnotch surgeon.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. bleedinbrown58

    bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

    What were the 3 different answers?
  7. grgrcr88

    grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

    check in to fmla could be your only option, but call your Local Union hall and ask abut the long term disability.
  8. TooTechie

    TooTechie Geek in Brown

  9. Wally

    Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

    Punch out Maverick!
  10. pomf

    pomf New Member

    You maybe eligible for another type of medical leave which is also 6 months maximum. It's unpaid, but your benefits are still covered 100%. I had that happen to me recently. Exhausted 6 months of short term disability. When Aetna closed out my claim, they notified UPS that I was still out for recovery from surgery and UPS automatically enrolled me in that medical leave. Just keep calling HRSC until you find someone that knows something.
  11. Did you have genital warts as well?
  12. Ouch

    Ouch Well-Known Member

    Take this to heart. Very good advice here.
  13. fres431

    fres431 Active Member

    My understanding is that you can file another 6month extension..you have to show reasoning for this extension. I have been told you have a total of 3 extensions plus your 1st 6months so in theory that's 2 years off. However those years will not be counted towards years of service because you haven't logged enough hours in a year to count.
  14. pomf

    pomf New Member

    Really? The original post had a serious question and was getting no where with his dealings with HRSC. I actually had a similar issue with them as well.

    People like you come in and try to derail the conversation with stupidity. So I will only respond this one time with stupidity as well and really don't care if my account gets banned. Most of you are retarded and are completely useless.

    So to answer your question, yes I did. I got them from either your mother, sister or daughter. There happy that you troll on a thread and get a trolled response? Good luck out there trolling message forums. It makes you an internet super thug.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  15. my mom is dead and I have no sister. You must be mistaken.
  16. UnsurePost

    UnsurePost making the unreadable unreadabler

    When you call, make sure the other party knows they're being recorded. ;)
  17. bleedinbrown58

    bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

    Using terms like "retarded" in posts is really unnecessary. Wanna call me an idiot or a moron or a b***h...go nuts.
    But there are members on here with family members with special needs...myself included, and it's not right. And anyone who knows me on here can attest that I'm FAR from politically correct.