What is Revenue Recovery job in a hub like these days?

SortSortSort

I've seen some previous posts about Revenue Recovery being one of the preferred indoor part-time jobs, but also some posts that a lot of Revenue has been automated away.

In a fairly automated hub, can anybody tell me what a day to day Revenue job is like? Mainly weighing and measuring still? Mostly of irregs & over 70 lbs?

Its just Detroit Axel for the whole shift?

Thanks as always for your time.

PT Car Washer

I've seen some previous posts about Revenue Recovery being one of the preferred indoor part-time jobs, but also some posts that a lot of Revenue has been automated away.

In a fairly automated hub, can anybody tell me what a day to day Revenue job is like? Mainly weighing and measuring still? Mostly of irregs & over 70 lbs?

Mostly standing or sitting around waiting for the next cut backs.My building is down to 1 with 1 on disability during the twi sort.

Nah

In the hub I worked at, they stood next to the irreg belt and flipped them label-up as they passed. Occasionally, maybe every 300th package (if that), they would throw some over 70 tape around them. Measuring tape and scales? Ain't nobody got time fo' dat. Every 2000th package, if even that many.

polyp

I'm in one of the new fangled automated hubs.

RR stands next to the irreg belt, scans the label, and prints out a supplementary label that indicates where the irreg goes in the building. Basically a work around to avoid having to have a sort test on irregs.

We've got a bunch of people who do this. Not sure other buildings work the same way though. Our irreg system is so cobbled together it isn't even funny. When they finished the building the big wigs did a walk through and asked to see the irreg system. Turned out they'd forgotten to include one.