What is the first thing you did when you retired that you could not do while working at UPS as a driver

Shiftless

sleep at night like most folks. that's a pleasure most people take for granted.

I agree!!!!! I worked almost three decades doing whack hours. I have a strong early morning to rise circadian rhythm that I had to trick all the time. That part really was a bummer! Nothing like just getting home from a 12 hour shift and you are watching the sun rise!

That and having to explain to people if you were a feeder driver that there is no such thing as Friday night!

Being able to help at school with my kids was a one of the trade off's!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I agree!!!!! I worked almost three decades doing whack hours. I have a strong early morning to rise circadian rhythm that I had to trick all the time. That part really was a bummer! Nothing like just getting home from a 12 hour shift and you are watching the sun rise!

That and having to explain to people if you were a feeder driver that there is no such thing as Friday night!

Being able to help at school with my kids was a one of the trade off's!
I dreaded Monday night and coming back from a vacation cause I would not go to bed Saturday morning after work and sleep sat and sun night and just take a short nap on Monday.

wanted to be there for the kids. usually grouchy anyways. graveyard shift really screws you up. Now I can to bed around 9-10 pm and am so grateful.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
also can have a drink anytime I want without looking at a clock. don't even wear a watch anymore.

half the time don't even know what day it is unless it's trash day..