What is the policy on call ins?

IESucks

Apologies if this is in the wrong section or has been asked 10 million times.

I have a week of unscheduled vacation I need to use on the last week of October, and there's no reason I can find that I shouldn't be able to use it, but my center manager said no today.

I'm going on this trip regardless, :censored2: UPS I've already paid for a plane ticket, but for the short term I would rather not get fired yet, because the insurance is nice and I'd like to have it a little longer. When this week rolls around, can I just call in all 5 days? What should I expect to happen? I'm a clerk, and the only one who knows how to do my job, so I'm assuming they're not just going to fire me, but I'm expecting to get :censored2: for it.

Is there a way I can force them to give me this vacation? Everyone else on my sort gets minimum 2 days off a week except for me, so I really don't understand why he said no.

Thanks for any help.
Lol. First of all anyone can do your job. Lol. Giving an employee time off when it's not scheduled puts a strain on everyone else, mostly your manager. He doesn't want to deal with it and has every right to deny it. Always makes me laugh when employees think no one can do what I do, when in reality someone will do it. The problem here is that you scheduled yourself a vacation and made arrangements and bought plane tickets without scheduling your vacation. Sure you can call in everyday,good luck with that .

542thruNthru

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180704-112219.png
    Screenshot_20180704-112219.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 79

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I hope you're joking.

Even if you are, there are people that would think that is solid advice.

Crap like that.... gets people fired.

Permanently.

Yep.

Even though it wasn't selected during the scheduling period, he is entitled to take available

weeks after his seniority date. Easy win.... if you don't do anything stupid.

-Bug-
How would you get fired if one provides all necessary documents?