what is the policy on drivers carrying knives...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Just curious if any of you carry a clip style folding knife or swiss army style while out on route? Has anyone been told this is against policy...

Never heard a policy on that. I carried a knife on my belt to cut off cod tags. Now that we don't take the tags I don't see much need for it. But I still put it on my belt. Can hinder access getting though security.

menotyou

bella amicizia
My understanding of our area supplements and the master says NO! At least, don't flash it around. Most center manager's let the rule slide, unless ................

Meny`s dont flash rule is correct. No fun:wink2:, but correct. I still have the folding knife UPS gave me back in package with the logo of a once proud company prominent on it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Used to carry one for the COD tags that were covered with 3 layers of tape, but these days I don't see a need for it.

rocket man

was robbed at gun point :knockedout: a knife would have got me killed (this is not a sarcastic reply or a joke the gun was at the 4th button down on my shirt . brown short s were almost aplus that night.

wornoutupser

I used to run a prison. I had to hand over my knife and my metal clip for the clipboard. They gave it back to me on the way out. No Problem!

brown bomber

brown bomber
I always carried a small swiss army knife.......had a nice sharp blade, scissors,a small standard screw driver head w/ a file and a tweezers and pick that slid into the handle........I still carry this tool w/ me,......unless I have to board an airplane

I always carried a small swiss army knife.......had a nice sharp blade, scissors,a small standard screw driver head w/ a file and a tweezers and pick that slid into the handle........I still carry this tool w/ me,......unless I have to board an airplane
If I remember correctly you had your share of hillbilly on your route. Am I correct. It was the hills.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I carry a Gerber folding tool with 2(thats right, TWO) knife blades. Never had a problem getting through secuirty, and even less, since my start work location has no guard.