what is the policy on drivers carrying knives...

A

anonymous6

Just curious if any of you carry a clip style folding knife or swiss army style while out on route? Has anyone been told this is against policy...

don't bring a knife to a gunfight. i carry my gun at all times.( and I have a permit to carry )

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
don't bring a knife to a gunfight. i carry my gun at all times.( and I have a permit to carry )

WI just started concealed carry on Tuesday. Got a Diad message while loading my package car that it is still UPS policy that no firearms are allowed on company property.
Have two shotguns in the trunk of my car as I frequently hunt some birds before reporting to work. Anyone out there know what UPS policy would be about having firearms at a satellite center?

whiskers

WI just started concealed carry on Tuesday. Got a Diad message while loading my package car that it is still UPS policy that no firearms are allowed on company property.
Have two shotguns in the trunk of my car as I frequently hunt some birds before reporting to work. Anyone out there know what UPS policy would be about having firearms at a satellite center?

From what I understand there is a zero tolerance policy.

over9five

Staff member
Some states (not mine) have new laws that employers cannot tell you you can't keep guns in your car on their property.
What the hell business is it of theirs what is in your car???

A

anonymous6

several years ago I got lost in a residential area with a set of doubles. ( really can't back them up ) had to turn around tightly in a cul de sac and thought it would be a good idea to check the air lines etc.

3 dudes came up to me and started giving me crap about coming into their neighborhood and said i needed to pay a toll. i tried the humor angle and said "come on guys , it's friday and i'm broke." that made them madder. i could smell alcohol and they started getting too close.

i pulled out my equalizer from the small of my back and told them to "back off"

incident over.

what would you do ? call the center and ask your supe what to do?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
several years ago I got lost in a residential area with a set of doubles. ( really can't back them up ) had to turn around tightly in a cul de sac and thought it would be a good idea to check the air lines etc.

3 dudes came up to me and started giving me crap about coming into their neighborhood and said i needed to pay a toll. i tried the humor angle and said "come on guys , it's friday and i'm broke." that made them madder. i could smell alcohol and they started getting too close.

incident over.

They would rather see you beat up or killed than protect yourself and the rig.......and no, I'm not being funny.

tourists24

incident over.

You would be surprised to see how many people would answer "YES" to that question