what is the purpose of pre record?

AstroBoy

tomorrow is my first day out alone and I have apartments and think it might be good to pre record them? I asked my sup what is what and he said he never did it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
tomorrow is my first day out alone and I have apartments and think it might be good to pre record them? I asked my sup what is what and he said he never did it.

Why prerecord? It will screw you up. Just follow EDD. You have to scan it anyway and get a signature.

AstroBoy

that's the thing.. I don't even know what it does. but heard it would/could be useful. and my sup didn't tell me what it did at all

AstroBoy

also.. any pointers?
especially on the diad. I feel like a new and different message pops up on my screen once a day.

air by 10 30
savers by 3

what all goes to the clerk after the day ends?

laffter

Since you specifically mention apartments- you would need to prerecord the undeliverable stops (recipient isn't home) so that you can deliver them all to the office at once with only one signature (if the office takes residents' deliveries).

Generally speaking, however, prerecord has other uses. If you're at an office complex with bulk stops or a mall, you might scan those bulk deliveries and prerecord them while you load them onto your cart(s) so you don't have to fumble around with it in front of the recipient as they stand there and stare at you.

Cementups

Box Monkey
astroboy21.jpg

laffter

also.. any pointers?
especially on the diad. I feel like a new and different message pops up on my screen once a day.

air by 10 30
savers by 3

I don't even drive and I can answer all of those questions. Are you serious? Ask a coworker. As your supervisor. If you need to know something you weren't trained on, they're somewhat obligated to advise you, otherwise it's on them, technically speaking.

CHALLY9TX

When delivering to apartments it helps if you go to the office first and obtain a map of the complex if possible. Ask if they accept packages for residents. If they do then you'll be able to use prerecord. If residents are not home you can prerecord so that you get 1 signature at the office. Make sure you leave infonotices on residents doors letting them know you're leaving their pkgs at the office

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Prerecord is good for apartments buildings that may not have the unit or apartment number in the edd. It does happen more frequently than what you think. Easier to just look in prerecord screen if that's the case. Prerecord is also good if you have alot of irregs or over 70s you may have to run first if your in a small truck. It's easier to look in prerecord screen to see what irregs you have than to try n remember them and or have to stop truck n double check. In a small truck they will probably brick them down middle at end of shift. That's if you have a route also that's pretty spread out. I don't suggest you do those things as a new driver til you really get all your methods n skills down real tight honestly.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
also.. any pointers?

air by 10 30
savers

I don't even drive and I can answer all of those questions. Are you serious? Ask a coworker. As your supervisor. If you need to know something you weren't trained on, they're somewhat obligated to advise you, otherwise it's on them, technically speaking.
management can't do our jobs as drivers ... You learn 95% of the driving job by baptism by fire.

Shift Inhibit

if you have noticed management can only do bits and pieces of our job... never the whole thing... and they're very quick with excuses...

Shift Inhibit

you need to use prerecord if you ever have to indirect a delivery ie delivering a closed business to neighboring business etc...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
also.. any pointers?

air by 10 30
savers by 3

My driver sup didn't even know the res/com button was used to take away commit times for residential savers