What is the stupidest thing that you seen a fellow employee do.. or heard that they did

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by StoptheAct1212, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Superteeth2478

Superteeth2478 Active Member

I know it's an old as hell post, but did he get fired?

2. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

Nah, I’m a driver now.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

Driver got fired for about the dozenth time and lost in panel and he shot and killed the fellow Teamster that testified against him.
    Then he sets his car on fire in the parking lot with him inside killing himself.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

Jeez... self-immolation is about the worst way to go.

5. Old Man Jingles

It really hit home with me as the killer had reported to me some 20 years prior to this. He had a little daughter as well.
    Tough times.

6. Tsunades Curves

Tsunades Curves New Member

One guy tried parking his own car got into multiple accidents and didn't even report it. If he would've reported it he would've been working still. Crazy man, report everything! They might let it slide.

7. rod

rod retired and happy

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

8. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

Just a little bit pregnant...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Are you serious?

10. Old Man Jingles

Yep
    No BS on this one.

11. Bob11B

Bob11B Active Member

Haha same until right now ...I always wondered but didn’t want to find out the hard way

12. Bob11B

Bob11B Active Member

Guys stealing lottery tickets (scratch offs) and taking the winners to the gas station ...tickets aren’t even registered yet, caught and fired

13. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

That has happened in our center too. Not sure if it's true, but I heard he only had like $57 in winning tickets. Doesn't seem worth losing your job and getting arrested for $57.

14. Redtag

Redtag Part on order

We recently had a automotive supervisor in my district get fired for jerking off in the fleet mgrs. Office..

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. shartpost

shartpost New Member

Had a guy putting up a load net in a full Fedex pup trailer. Dock manager is watching and he tells the yard switcher on the radio to stand by. Switcher completely ignores him and hooks up to the trailer while the loader is still inside. He just puts the last clip in and the trailer is pulled off the door about 10 feet, while he's still in it and he's hanging off the net like Spiderman. Dock manager is having a huge fit and everyone on the radio is wondering WTF is going on. I was in the trailer next door overhearing his tirade and the switcher was let go the next day.

I wasn't around for this either but we had an older lady go completely berserk on another woman in small sort. Arguing over a carpool prize or something. Tons of racial slurs going back and forth and E-stops getting tripped.

And this wasn't something blatantly stupid but last peak season our hub manager basically let our returns pile up over a period of two weeks, maybe more and they were just sitting until the week before Christmas. Night shift was supposed to do them but he didn't hire enough people for that group, and so they would only do small sort and 3 trailers every night. We were behind by 75 thousand pieces on Christmas Eve...he's still there as far as I know..

16. Days

Days Active Member

Ok can’t beat this.

17. Old Man Jingles

I hope not!

18. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Do you remember the killer name or when this happened? This sounds like a case study we had done in criminology when I was a cop.

19. Old Man Jingles

Happened in late '90's at the Pleasantdale Hub in Doraville, GA. ... last name was King and first initial is L.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

I'm not sure if that was the incident or not but it's quite tragic for all.