What is the stupidest thing that you seen a fellow employee do.. or heard that they did

dudebro

Shipping packages without payment is one of the surest ways to end your career. I've never seen anyone let it go, and I saw a division manager fired for it once.

Inthegame

I knew of a driver over a decade ago who with a friend screwed ups big time. Until they got caught. Friend of the driver would ship packages through ups. He would insure them for tons of money. The driver would then deliver them to his buddy (the guy lived off his route obviously) then claim they were lost or stolen. They would split the profits of the insurance. They made over 100k each from what I hear until they got caught.
That's a nice story that never happened.

Inthegame

Ok. Well I knew the driver personally. So believe it or not it happened. He was fired then sued by the company. It was a huge deal.
Ever try to get a cheap legitimate claim paid by UPS? He'd be in jail if that really happened, not sued.
You should stop now as you're in deep. First rule of holes, if you want out, quit digging.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I heard one driver got fired because he was stealing ups pens. He would stash them in his car and the only reason he got caught is because one night after work he opened his car door and like 3 fell out so he was caught red handed

sandwich

The resident gearhead
100k each? I think UPS would have caught on way sooner than that
These guys did this over a long period of time. I could very well be wrong on the amount. It was over 10 years ago and I had just started driving. But for sure these two guys were scamming ups and it worked for awhile until they got busted. The guy lost everything and last I heard became a driver for Schneider or something.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Ever try to get a cheap legitimate claim paid by UPS? He'd be in jail if that really happened, not sued.
You should stop now as you're in deep. First rule of holes, if you want out, quit digging.
Lol I really don't care. It happened. Believe it, don't believe it. I don't care.

ibleedbrown

funniest thing i ever heard, 2 part timers photo shopped a picture of 2 male pt sups engaging in sexual activity, they printed out dozens and distributed them throughout the building. no one could prove who did it so they never got in trouble!!!

PT Car Washer

funniest thing i ever heard, 2 part timers photo shopped a picture of 2 male pt sups engaging in sexual activity, they printed out dozens and distributed them throughout the building. no one could prove who did it so they never got in trouble!!!
I would never think to do that to a PT sup, But a couple of managers?

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't know if you could call it stupid or not but we had a part timer steal a PT sups wife. She divorced the PT sup and married the pre-loader. Whats funny is there never appeared to be any friction between any of them. And yes she was/is a fox. The two guys worked in the same building for at least 10 years after the divorce.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I knew a guy that used customers phone everyday during pick up ,, was calling the 900 sex phone #s , rang up about 500$ on customers phone !!
Needed his time here

DRIVER-X

A driver with his own trucking company would have his employees driving UPS vehicles and making deliveries and pu's. He would be tending his own business. They all had uniforms and were doing the job correctly. Supervisor happens to ride through the area and sees these new guys. Unbelievable.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We had a driver fired recently for failing a breathalyzer after getting into an accident on the clock. He was already on a last chance agreement. 23 year career down the drain.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
A driver with his own trucking company would have his employees driving UPS vehicles and making deliveries and pu's. He would be tending his own business. They all had uniforms and were doing the job correctly. Supervisor happens to ride through the area and sees these new guys. Unbelievable.
Yeah....

over9five

Staff member
I have an off route misload, go to deliver it, and pass by another driver. There's a woman in uniform with him. Getting time studied, haha!
Next day I'm swamped with air, they send him to help me. I'm in an office building and see him drive in the parking lot. The time study person is with him again.
I walk out to the truck, he's there, no woman in sight. Obviously, she's in the back, but I say nothing.
The more I think on this, the weirder I think it is. That night I ask my sup "Who was riding Joe today?". Looks at me funny, and says "No-one...why?"
So I told him the story (yes, ratted him out). Turns out he was taking his girlfriend out (in a spare uniform) delivering with him every day.

Last edited: