What is the stupidest thing that you seen a fellow employee do.. or heard that they did

Savvy412

I have never ratted anyone out in my entire life . I duno, I was just always taught to mind my own business .

To the guy who ratted on that driver .. did you "randomly" not get laid for the next couple months . You will say some b.s. But , she now thinks of you as a little tattle tale . That's embarrassing to be married to a man who tattle tales . I could see her watching game of thrones .. Then thinking about her husband who wispers secrets to supervisors lol .

Overpaid Union Thug

Or, you simply say, "You know you're right? Hey, Joe! Come here! I was going to discipline Harry here for his footwear and Harry pointed out that you're in violation too! Now both of you, let's go see the steward...."

I think that's fairness under the contract...
Oh well. We both shouldn't have been wearing improper footwear.

JL 0513

No reason it shouldn't be 9-5 PERIOD

You and those who agreed didn't really think this through, did you?

How could our business allow for a 5PM punch out everyday?

This would, on a typical route, mean the last delivery be around 4:30 because you still have to return to building, do end of day tasks and punch out at approximately 5. Last delivery/pickup at 4:30 before most business closures!

Then there's the minor detail of it not even being a 40 hour week. Even with just 30 min lunches, that's a 37.5 hour week.

And imagine our business functioning where every dispatch, everyday no matter the changes in volume, would have to be about 7 hours of work a day not counting break and building tasks. UPS would be out of business in a month.

Lastly, even if UPS could plan these ultra light days for way more drivers, we all know it's just a forecasted day, not actual. So when 4:30 rolls around and you still have 20 stops, does this mean 20 missed? Which then rolls more work into tomorrow in which management has to try and send you out with a 7 hour load again.

Dude, seriously.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Or, you simply say, "You know you're right? Hey, Joe! Come here! I was going to discipline Harry here for his footwear and Harry pointed out that you're in violation too! Now both of you, let's go see the steward...."

I think that's fairness under the contract...
Sounds like you have a thing for Mr Harry Balls. Again.

preloader2driver

Guys leavening the building without getting EDD. The worst part is having to go help them because they got behind by having to drive back to the building to download EDD.

1Simplemann

Guys leavening the building without getting EDD. The worst part is having to go help them because they got behind by having to drive back to the building to download EDD.
I have done this one myself a couple of times. EDD wouldn't download for some reason before the PCM. Did my normal Pretrip routine and forgot to get EDD. Very easy to do. Many times I have seen drivers driving back to the building to get EDD. You'll probably do it to.

1Simplemann

Here's one. This one is good one. How bout two drivers printing out their forecast and picking up the other's DIAD. 9-10 yrs ago this happened between me and another driver doing 2 out of town routes in opposite directions. Can't remember all the details but I remember getting to my 1st stop and looking at the diad and going "HUH? , Crap!"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have done this one myself a couple of times. EDD wouldn't download for some reason before the PCM. Did my normal Pretrip routine and forgot to get EDD. Very easy to do. Many times I have seen drivers driving back to the building to get EDD. You'll probably do it to.

I had my S&V ride last week. Got EDD in the parking lot, hit Big Arrow Up and was driving to my first stop as it was loading. My on car had no idea that you could do that---he thought you had to sit on property and wait for it to fully load before leaving.

Re-Raise

We had a bunch of full-time drivers agree to give part of their compensation to a fund which then dispersed their money to a bunch of people that were already retired.

They'll never see any of that money again. Idiots!