What is the stupidest thing that you seen a fellow employee do.. or heard that they did

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
I have an off route misload, go to deliver it, and pass by another driver. There's a woman in uniform with him. Getting time studied, haha!
Next day I'm swamped with air, they send him to help me. I'm in an office building and see him drive in the parking lot. The time study person is with him again.
I walk out to the truck, he's there, no woman in sight. Obviously, she's in the back, but I say nothing.
The more I think on this, the weirder I think it is. That night I ask my sup "Who was riding Joe today?". Looks at me funny, and says "No-one...why?"
So I told him the story (yes, ratted him out). Turns out he was taking his girlfriend out (in a spare uniform) delivering with him every day.
We had a driver in our building who had his wife help him deliver his route in their personal car. All he received was a "you can't do that", why? He's SPORH was close to 50 stops per hour, it's all about the ##'s.

25TOLIFE

Back in the day before extensive tracking info and before the Internet. One of my fellow drivers would leave stops in a customer's garage if he was too heavy on Fridays. He would pick them up on the following Monday or Tuesday and deliver them. Never got caught doing that but eventually got fired for stealing time. Had another driver with a list of phantom shipping numbers that he would enter on his light days and make up stops. Also fired eventually but for something else. Both right around the time we went from paper to the 1st diad. It was a lot harder to get caught doing the wrong thing back then. I would not be able to sleep at night putting my job at risk doing something like they were doing.

DougHeffernan

Had a driver slam on his brakes when a kid was rollerblading behind his truck trying to catch ups truck. Kid broke his arm but driver kept his job when he told management a dog ran in front of his package car.

MendozaJ

Rather than reporting a driver involved in theft and collecting $5k, a preloader decided to become a partner in crime. All were eventually caught and terminated.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
LOL. Oh no never. They are just doing charity work by donating an hour of their time to UPS everyday. LOL.

And based on the red X I received I guess we now know who one of the lunch skippers on the forum is. LOL
These guys absolutely see nothing wrong with it and usually have an attitude when they have to go help the " lazy drivers"...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You and those who agreed didn't really think this through, did you?

How could our business allow for a 5PM punch out everyday?

This would, on a typical route, mean the last delivery be around 4:30 because you still have to return to building, do end of day tasks and punch out at approximately 5. Last delivery/pickup at 4:30 before most business closures!

Then there's the minor detail of it not even being a 40 hour week. Even with just 30 min lunches, that's a 37.5 hour week.

And imagine our business functioning where every dispatch, everyday no matter the changes in volume, would have to be about 7 hours of work a day not counting break and building tasks. UPS would be out of business in a month.

Lastly, even if UPS could plan these ultra light days for way more drivers, we all know it's just a forecasted day, not actual. So when 4:30 rolls around and you still have 20 stops, does this mean 20 missed? Which then rolls more work into tomorrow in which management has to try and send you out with a 7 hour load again.

Dude, seriously.
The company over dispatches people beyond belief... You think that is ok ???