What Is The Union Doing To Help Protect Workers?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Doesn't seem like much. If Jimmy or Ron were still running things they would be front page news demanding more protections for workers or they would shut things down.

Hoffa is a LAME duck.

provide links please for opposing views.

No hazard pay, only compensated if you get Covid19 or are forced quarantine. Yes the union leadership looks foolish. Did nothing. No gloves or masks is the norm. Trump did more for me than my union head brothers.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
No hazard pay, only compensated if you get Covid19 or are forced quarantine. Yes the union leadership looks foolish. Did nothing. No gloves or masks is the norm. Trump did more for me than my union head brothers.
Gov. Newsom in California yesterday had to force Safeway , a union shop, to provide workers with 14 days paid leave if tested positive.

That must make the Teamsters look bad.......again

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
236ADDE0-91B7-4697-9D2D-9A1C265F230D.jpeg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Doesn't seem like much. If Jimmy or Ron were still running things they would be front page news demanding more protections for workers or they would shut things down.

Hoffa is a LAME duck.

provide links please for opposing views.
Get over it.
Millions were predicted to die.
It ain't gonna happen.
The Chinese Virus is a dud.
etGT8Tfgsx-8.png

542thruNthru

Union is doing nothing. Sitting home collecting their salaries. I pay $90 a month in dues. Inside hub employees mean nothing to the company!

I can't speak for everywhere but my local passed out masks to preload. They came in and made sure no one was working in the same trailer and that PPE were being supplied.

Other than that I don't know what else they can do.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I can't speak for everywhere but my local passed out masks to preload. They came in and made sure no one was working in the same trailer and that PPE were being supplied.

Other than that I don't know what else they can do.
Agreed.

My center has employees who do nothing but sterilize stuff now.
2-3 of them a day. And we've only got probably 45ish part timers inside at all.
We have masks available, and hand sanitizer/bleach, etc...
They're trying.
It's UPS. They suck at it. But they're trying.

Over70irregs

Trying late as hell though.....Donating crap all over the world. Making logistics available but made their own work in exposed conditions. While continuing to hide behind pieces of essential worker papers. (Out of breath.... Rant over).

wilberforce15

Agreed.

My center has employees who do nothing but sterilize stuff now.
2-3 of them a day. And we've only got probably 45ish part timers inside at all.
We have masks available, and hand sanitizer/bleach, etc...
They're trying.
It's UPS. They suck at it. But they're trying.
Wow. We have a guy dead today and we don't have anything like that.

They started cleaning the bathrooms once a day.