What is the worst day you ever had at UPS?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by PhatPattheRiverRat, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Ever have one of those days where you wanna go all Bill Murray in Groundhog Day (that scene where he drives off the cliff with the groundhog, or wait, I think the groundhog is the driver)? What was the worst of it? Misery loves company...get to it.

2. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

reading this

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Friendly x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  3. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

worse day was when i came to work and heard one of our well liked feeder drivers killed himself.

4. I just spit bee-I mean water all over the computer monitor, thanks dude.

5. Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. Terrible. Lost an ex-girlfriend and friend that way, sucks bad, but you can't know how bad until it happens to someone close to you.

6. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

09/11/2001

Grow up.... junior.

• Like x 7
    • Beer x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. I may be 33, but I'l never grow up. Yeah, that was a :censored2:ty day. I remember my dad was on a plane to Pittsburgh...freaked me out.

What changes happened that week? Way more security I'm guessing? Probably an awful time to be working and driving. An awful time for everyone, never forget it.

8. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

I'm pretty sure every driver remembers where they were when that happened.
    My afternoon deliveries and pickups didn't seem important after that morning.
    Planes grounded, everybody in shock, and all I could think about is getting home to my girlfriend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. rod

rod retired and happy

One of the worst days I remember was one winter evening when I was delivering a new country route blind. No cell phones at that time. It was like 8 at night and I had another 15 or so stops left-didn’t have a clue where any of them were. I came to a country intersection and knew if I turned right I would be headed back in the direction of town. I sat at that intersection for 5 minutes while considering if I should quit UPS or not.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Whatever it is, you’ll say it again sometime soon.

How many times have you walked up to your package car and said “I’ve never had a load look as :censored2:ty as this does today”.

Yet you continue to say it.

11. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

The day a car full of Nuns rear ended me.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

My stories pale in comparison to the tall tales and humorous anecdotes of one Fitbit.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. JackStraw

JackStraw Active Member

Closed a bar on a Thursday night. It was 95 and humid the next day. I can still remember how I felt. Never did that again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  14. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

everyone has bad days, occasionally during my deliverings I see less fortunate people falling on hard times. Even though UPS is exhausting and can wear you down it’s important to remember that some people would love to have your job. Nobody wants to hear the UPS man that makes 90k a year complain he’s having a bad day..

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. Poop Head

Poop Head Poop is funny

Growing up, whenever I'd be complaining about stuff, my Dad would say "shut up bitch, people could be shooting at you" and everything magically got better

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  16. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

And if you work preload or reload you don’t even know what a bad day is , rookie!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  17. rod

rod retired and happy

Especially the guy making over $200,000 a year.

18. MC0493

MC0493 Active Member

Everytime I think I've had one of my worst days, another one comes along and tops it a few months later. One of the worst days I've probably had recently was the day after a snowstorm with temps in the single digits and heavy winds. Route i was sent out on was about a 9pm night on a sunny day in June. I think i gave away 60+ stops and still worked close to 14 hours. I hate when i'm sent off to basically do the impossible. Just makes for a miserable day especially if you can't get your head on straight.

19. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

EC stops that take a long time and go back to center , they want you to run under on your planned day. They don’t care about service..they would never let a driver work 14 hrs in my Center.

20. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Had a huge party on a Thursday night. Sup even attended and told me I'd be off the next day no problem.

The sun came up before we went to bed. Called in at like 8:15 just to double check. We good? Nope had tons of call ins (probably all of the other bastards at the party) we need you. FML

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List