What is Wall Sweep?

They just posted a bunch of new 22.3 jobs in my hub and most of them have Wall Sweep as one of the jobs. I've asked a few people what that is and everyone has a different answer. Anyone here know what Wall Sweep is?

I thought wall sweep was the guy in the unload who's pushes irregs onto the belt and tapes up packages. But others have told me it's a job in the load where you help get irregs in the trailers and tape up. Some preload sup told me its people who sweep out trailers and clean up trash. Any of these correct?

km3

They just posted a bunch of new 22.3 jobs in my hub and most of them have Wall Sweep as one of the jobs. I've asked a few people what that is and everyone has a different answer. Anyone here know what Wall Sweep is?

Sounds like my building. 18 new combo jobs went up for bid this week. A lot of them are either Primary Sort/Irregs or Primary Sort/Wall Sweep. I believe all of them include Twilight as one of the sorts. They must really be hurting for sorters right now.

As to the question, my guess is as good as anyone else's. I would either say the guy that works the floor, or somebody that bounces around areas helping as needed. I'd lean strongly towards working the floor as my primary guess, though. Re-tapes, running misflow, throwing irregs up, and loading or picking off as necessary.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Wall Sweep is just another work code to confuse people .
Like when I was in carwash and any time they needed a body somewhere I got set there .