What is your opinion of not having 3 point seat belts

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You have done a great job conveying half the story.
Now envision after your head and torso, after having been punished in the various ways you described going forward, recoiling back into the metal bulkhead in the absents of a suitable highback seat.

Secondly, all trucks equipped with telematics have had the seatbelt replaced broken or not.
Obviously the company does not put safety first; never has, never will.

I wonder why the Teamsters have never tried to get this for the drivers in a contract ... I guess no one really cares.

Instead of pushing it in the contract they should be representing us to get it put into law. As a law the company would have no choice and no ones "throat" would be cut.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Still need area knowledge only so much info can be seen on GPS or screen like devices. Nothing beats a good map.
I had to laugh at this one. Thurs afternoon, out on rte, I had a tourist basically corner me on a narrow dead end one lane residential street. He (they) were looking for the Chapel of the Holy Cross (Cathedral Rock). Their GPS had directed them to the area where I was but where they wanted to go was a long way away (45 mins) from where they were at. Just goes to show that ya can't trust the GPS.

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
The reason the mafuacture of the pkg car would have to design the modification, that would have to be submitted to DOT for approval. Since the government works so efficently that should take well 20 maybe 30 yrs.

Packmule

Should all have the 3-point belts. Much safer, especially when we run around with door open. You can make them faster than a lap only by hooking the shoulder belt over the steering wheel rather than letting it fall back behind you. Reduces the left shoulder workout, too. Careful on the newer 700s though. You have to catch it down further along the steering column where there is a plastic hump. Right where the wheel joins the column, it can slide into a crack there and get stuck. Have to tear it to get it loose.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I wonder why the Teamsters have never tried to get this for the drivers in a contract ... I guess no one really cares.
Hoaxter,

The issue has been addressed in Article 18 Section 18 of the Master.

Section18. Vehicle and Personal Safety Equipment
All automotive vehicles shall be equipped with a manufacturer certified seat belt restraint system. Jump seats shall be equipped with a safety belt. Three-point shoulder harness safety belts shall be provided on the driver’s side of all new vehicles, and on the jump seat for all new P-32 through P-120 vehicles and all new 24-foot vans. It shall be required that the driver’s seat belt and the jumpseat safety belt be worn at all times when the vehicle is moving.

This language raises more questions than answers in my mind.

Sincerely,
I

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoaxter,

The issue has been addressed in Article 18 Section 18 of the Master.

Section18. Vehicle and Personal Safety Equipment
All automotive vehicles shall be equipped with a manufacturer certified seat belt restraint system. Jump seats shall be equipped with a safety belt. Three-point shoulder harness safety belts shall be provided on the driver’s side of all new vehicles, and on the jump seat for all new P-32 through P-120 vehicles and all new 24-foot vans. It shall be required that the driver’s seat belt and the jumpseat safety belt be worn at all times when the vehicle is moving.

This language raises more questions than answers in my mind.

Sincerely,
I

Thanks I.