What is your start time on Monday

UPSGUY72

Our start time is 8:15 however we where told we can start earilier if the preload is as done. Since are FT preload is starting at 8:00 pm Sun I think I'll show up arouind 7:00am.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Our building had already under planned for peak, the snow just iced it. My center manager looked like a zombie by Friday night.

UPSGUY72

Do you guys get paid for showing up early if the preload does not wrap?

No but last monday I showed up at 7:55 and was out of the building by 8:00. Some driver had left at 7:30 and with are FT preload starting almost 4 hr early they will bee home and sleeping by 7:00:

tracker2762

I don't see the point of an early start time if you have to be off the clock in 9.5 hours. It's not like you can get more work done they still want you off the clock within the allotted time. I guess if you have a lot of airs it might help, that's if the air is on time which hasn't happened that much this peak. Plus the commit time should be relaxed next week. We have a flex start on Mondays for peak, as soon as they're wrapped you can leave which is around 8:00.

UPSGUY72

I don't see the point of an early start time if you have to be off the clock in 9.5 hours. It's not like you can get more work done they still want you off the clock within the allotted time. I guess if you have a lot of airs it might help, that's if the air is on time which hasn't happened that much this peak. Plus the commit time should be relaxed next week. We have a flex start on Mondays for peak, as soon as they're wrapped you can leave which is around 8:00.

It's called DAY LIGHT

All during peak, we have had a "flex" start time. If preload is wrapped up, we can start early, otherwise our start time is 9:30. It amazes me how many idiots show up at 8 or 8:30 and stand around for an hour or more unpaid( preload has finished early 1 time since the flex time started the week before Thanksgiving). Those of us that show up at 9:29 have been branded as troublemakers and not team players by managment.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Relaxed commit times started with the Saturday air today. Starting earlier means more daylight. Yes, we still have to be in under 9.5, but I would much rather be doing pickups in the dark than deliveries.

Scratch said that he was told that Peak Day would be Thursday. That is awfully late and should make for a very busy week with not much of a let down on Friday.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
All during peak, we have had a "flex" start time. If preload is wrapped up, we can start early, otherwise our start time is 9:30. It amazes me how many idiots show up at 8 or 8:30 and stand around for an hour or more unpaid( preload has finished early 1 time since the flex time started the week before Thanksgiving). Those of us that show up at 9:29 have been branded as troublemakers and not team players by managment.
Well, maybe they just stand around in your building. In my building those guys are all working off the clock, loading their cars and "straightening out" their loads so they can get done early. It's the same crew that does it all year long.

UPSGUY72

So do I, but that really depends on the dispatch. I'm not going to work off the clock just to get done early.

I'm not working off the clock we punch in when we leave the building that is my start time. They have to have a offical start time but if we leave early than that is are start time.

bumped

We won't start earlier on Monday, as the preload is always late on Mondays through peak. Management likes to get as many cold loads done as possible.