What is your start time on Monday

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm not working off the clock we punch in when we leave the building that is my start time. They have to have a offical start time but if we leave early than that is are start time.
Understood. Everyone has their thing, for me my morning routine (before work) is more important than my evening routine (after work), which why I like to start at the same time everyday. It's nice to finish early, but it's not actually that important.

johnoutdoors

I don't see the point of an early start time if you have to be off the clock in 9.5 hours.

Yes, we still have to be in under 9.5, but I would much rather be doing pickups in the dark than deliveries.

Are they really still trying to hold you to 9.5? Thats insane, 9.5 stops being an issue here before Thanksgiving. I got in Friday in about 10 hrs and I was one of the first 10 (out of 62) or so back.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Are they really still trying to hold you to 9.5? Thats insane, 9.5 stops being an issue here before Thanksgiving. I got in Friday in about 10 hrs and I was one of the first 10 (out of 62) or so back.
Same here, right now they're just trying to everyone back in under 12 hours. If it looks like you're gonna be under 10 hours you'll probably have to meet the other drivers in your loop to get their pickup pieces so they can stay out and finish up.

UPSGUY72

Same here, right now they're just trying to everyone back in under 12 hours. If it looks like you're gonna be under 10 hours you'll probably have to meet the other drivers in your loop to get their pickup pieces so they can stay out and finish up.

I was done all week before 4:30 that is with taking my hour lunch after droping my helper off. Then usually got sent to help someone else one day they sent me to help someone and I had to drive 25 min one way and the driver dave me 11 packages for 9 stops talk about a waste of time.

Friday I got sent out with 166 stops and a helper all resi and all dr. I didn't even need a helper but was told you have to have one.

bigbrownhen

If you get in under 9.5 in our area, your had a gravy day. Most of us are working 11 to 12s everyday with helpers on car 4 to 7 hrs a day. To those of you working 9.5s, did they hire seasonal drivers or something to keep you under, or is the volume that low for peak? Funny how they have different plans everywhere, sounds like an experiment for corporate to me to see which plan saves the most money.

As far as start time Monday, they moved us all back 15 min, and an hour on Friday. I will be there at the normal start time. If pre load is done, I will get on the clock, if not, Ill hang out and shoot the breeze with the other drivers.

outta hours

Your early start time Monday is the result of hard working feeder drivers, like myself who are working on Sunday to get all of the loads in early. I am happy to do it, as I will be off now on Christmas Eve. Be sure and thank your feeder drivers for making your job just a bit easier.:wink2:

rod

Retired 22 years
its Saturday night and you guys have nothing to do but wonder about Mondays start time--------------------------------SAD.

johnoutdoors

Our center manager is still enforcing the 9.5 rule.
Holy smokes Upstate. I guess could see that happening if your are in Monticello or Saratoga and your peak is lighter than what you do in the summer for race or summercamp season. We are starting 15 min earlier on Mondays, normal the rest of the week. The guys with the heavy p/u routes will meet the rest of us to take our volume and maybe get in close to 9.5, but the rest of us will be out until we're done. That said, this has been my easiest peak yet. I've gotten to see my kids a couple of times during the week. In years past that hasn't even been on my radar as a possibility.

over9five

Staff member
Your early start time Monday is the result of hard working feeder drivers, like myself who are working on Sunday to get all of the loads in early. I am happy to do it, as I will be off now on Christmas Eve. Be sure and thank your feeder drivers for making your job just a bit easier.:wink2:

Lol, 3:37 am, I'm leaving for work in 5 minutes!

its Saturday night and you guys have nothing to do but wonder about Mondays start time--------------------------------SAD.

LOLLOLLOLLOL!!